+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Why is Chuck Liddell held in such high regard?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    he beat vitor, yeah, 1 striker, thats all you can come up with, just because he said he will fight anyone doesn't mean he would beat them all, imo striker vs striker chuck would lose, if you notice in his recent fights, the position of his hands, keeps them low and wide, hes not worried about being hit, he only fights wrestlers. his boyfriend dana takes care of that.

    It amazes me at the lack of knowledge some people have in this forum! Several other fighters on Chucks list are very good strikers as well. Just because several have been wrestlers doesn't mean that they couldn't punch. Post a respectable thread without trying to offend so many people next time.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    It's pretty funny reading peoples excuses of why Chuck shouldn't be regarded as the number one lhw.

    Wrestlers or not...Chuck's beat the best of the best in the lightheavyweight division.

    And taking Rampage over Chuck in his prime is crazy, Rampage beat Chuck THREE years ago. Wanderlei Silva got his ass handed to him by Vitor and Tito in the past but that's all it is...in the past. I pray Chuck/Rampage happens again in the future so Chuck can knock his lights out.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    You make some of the most retarded remarks on this site... Yes strikers, that is plural, Vitor is not... Who else? Vernon White and his 24-27 record? Exactly... He did fight a few other strikers like Mezger and Overeem who were top 10 fighters at the time however the top 4-5 Pride fighters are much better than the other 5 in the top 10.

    Overeem had Chuck hurt with the knees, Chuck was about to fall down and get stomped out and like a warrior held on and Overeem gassed and Chuck was able to pull out a miraculous win. Very impressive but that dos not illude the fact that he was seriously hurt and about to go down. He was rocked in the Mezger fight as well.

    He fought in Pride 3 times, lost once and was extremely close to loosing the other 2 and why????? STRIKERS....

    What are Randy, Tito and Babalu when they fight Chuck???? NOT world class wrestlers and BJJ practitioners, they are OK strikers and that is why Chuck owned them. Randy pulled off the victory in the first fight but not by world class wrestling, it was the striking that made it possible for the wrestling to be effecgtive as Chuck was having to watch out for strikes and takedowns and not just takedowns like he is when he fights Tito and Babalu because they do not have KO power, that is the same reason Randy was defeated in the 2nd and 3rd fights (though Randy was winning the second before the eye gouge that immediately led to the KO once the fight resumed and ofcourse, it was to the blind side of Randy's in which the gouge had just taken place). The gouge is relevent however do not comment on it, focus on the rest of my statements...

    Silva, Shogun, Arona, Little Nog, Igor and Overeem.... If Chuck were to fight ANY of those names he would in no way roll through them like he has been wrestlers and grapplers as like I said before (it's not that difficult to grasp) when you fight Chuck you are forced to become a striker and Tito, Babalu and Randy or any other world class wrestler is no longer a world class fighter as the takedown defense is that good so it becomes Chuck vs an OK striker.

    Styles make fights, everyone knows this and Chuck is the first to admit it. Put a wrestler or grappler against Chuck and he will win 19 out of 20 times as the only way the wrestling or grappling can be effective is if they are able to land some strikes which will force Chuck to respect the standup game and will open him for the takedown.

    Much easier said than done! Therefore, a great striker has a very legit chance at beating him as long as they have either KO power or a dominant art such as wrestling or BJJ as wittnessed by Rampage and as would be the case if he were to fight Silva, Shogun, Arona or Little Nog.

    Very even matchups and not the typical lopsided Chuck matchup a 1 dimesional wrestler or grappler faces.

    YOU TALK SHIT ON CHUCK FOR BEING HURT THEN YOU SAY WAND WILL BEAT HIM AND BLAH BLAH BLAH...

    BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IVE SEEN WAND REALLY HURT, ABOUT TO BE FINISHED OFF AND THEN HE COMES BACK AND WINS THE FIGHT... YOU DONT TALK SHIT ON WAND FOR DOING THAT... ITS A PART OF FIGHTING... CHUCK HAS GREAT RECOVERY JUST LIKE WAND...BUT WHEN CHUCK RECOVERS TO TAKE THE WIN ITS LUCK OR SUMSHIT RIGHT...

    BABALU IS NOT ONE DEMENSIONAL...NIETHER IS GUY MEZTGER THERE BOTH GREAT STRIKERS AND GREAT WRESTLERS AND VITOR IS A BLACK BELT IN BJJ AND CHUCK STILL ONE THOSE MATCH UPS...I HATE CHUCK HATERS... CHUCK KO'S SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE BUISNESS.. HE HAS NEVER LOST A REMATCH AND HE'S THE UFC LHW CHAMP IS IS ONE OF THE CHILLEST FIGHTERS IVE EVER MET AND PEOPLE STILL CALL HIM A SELL OUT AND TALK SHIT ON ALL HIS WINS...BLAH BLAH BLAH IM TIERD OF CHUCK HATERS!!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Amen.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ktown
    Posts
    110

    Default

    yall need to check wandys chin he got rocked by sakuraba mezger henderson and many others if chuck caught wanderlei with a clean punch wandy would go to sleep

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigc
    yall need to check wandys chin he got rocked by sakuraba mezger henderson and many others if chuck caught wanderlei with a clean punch wandy would go to sleep

    damn straight...

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    Amen.

    thank you

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigc
    yall need to check wandys chin he got rocked by sakuraba mezger henderson and many others if chuck caught wanderlei with a clean punch wandy would go to sleep
    You need to check Wandy's recovery... It is super-human, when he gets rocked and hits the matt he recovers the very instant he touches the matt, Chuck does not, they are both able to take a great deal of punishment but cmon, you watch UFC's LHW division and recovery and being able to take tons of punishment is a rare breed whereas in Pride, it IS the norm, all of those top fighters can take a huge amount of punishment.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    You need to check Wandy's recovery... It is super-human, when he gets rocked and hits the matt he recovers the very instant he touches the matt, Chuck does not, they are both able to take a great deal of punishment but cmon, you watch UFC's LHW division and recovery and being able to take tons of punishment is a rare breed whereas in Pride, it IS the norm, all of those top fighters can take a huge amount of punishment.

    wand wont recover from a liddell right hand... its the truth he can recover with the best of them but chuck has to much ko power

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    YOU TALK SHIT ON CHUCK FOR BEING HURT THEN YOU SAY WAND WILL BEAT HIM AND BLAH BLAH BLAH...

    BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IVE SEEN WAND REALLY HURT, ABOUT TO BE FINISHED OFF AND THEN HE COMES BACK AND WINS THE FIGHT... YOU DONT TALK SHIT ON WAND FOR DOING THAT... ITS A PART OF FIGHTING... CHUCK HAS GREAT RECOVERY JUST LIKE WAND...BUT WHEN CHUCK RECOVERS TO TAKE THE WIN ITS LUCK OR SUMSHIT RIGHT...

    BABALU IS NOT ONE DEMENSIONAL...NIETHER IS GUY MEZTGER THERE BOTH GREAT STRIKERS AND GREAT WRESTLERS AND VITOR IS A BLACK BELT IN BJJ AND CHUCK STILL ONE THOSE MATCH UPS...I HATE CHUCK HATERS... CHUCK KO'S SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE BUISNESS.. HE HAS NEVER LOST A REMATCH AND HE'S THE UFC LHW CHAMP IS IS ONE OF THE CHILLEST FIGHTERS IVE EVER MET AND PEOPLE STILL CALL HIM A SELL OUT AND TALK SHIT ON ALL HIS WINS...BLAH BLAH BLAH IM TIERD OF CHUCK HATERS!!!

    My post was way too huge and accurate to be enducing a "blah blah" in in ALL CAPS might I add....

    Again Wand's recovery and Chuck's are completely different, they can both take a huge amount of punishement but Chuck's recovery takes some time whereas Wand's is instant.. you hurt him, he falls to the matt and the instant he touches it he has recovered and is back in "fight mode" and not "survival mode".

    Never lost a rematch but ONCE AGAIN he has been rematching wrestlers and grapplers, I really don't see how some can be so ignorant as to not being able to grasp the fact that these world class wrestlers and grapplers were not using their "world class" gifts, they were using strikes and Randy, Tito and Babalu have "DECENT" standup at best, that is a proven fact as their fights speak volumes.

    Regarding Babalu's striking, it is decent at best as mentioned, I have watched many of his fights from back when he had the chubbs to him now where he is in much better shape and has much cooler hair, his standup is still just decent.

    Vitor is a black belt in BJJ but that doesn't mean much, it is pretty easy to get that belt and as killer instinct stated, Frank Mir who was a purple belt at the time raped some fool who was a black belt. Also Big Nog is a BJJ blackbelt so would you say Vitor is as good a grappler as Big Nog? Is he even as good a grappler as Wand? NO, he isn't so the BJJ black belt can be very deceaving as in some cases they force you to earn the belts over the course of many years of relentless training and others will pass belts out like it's Christmas.

    The recovery and the fact that they have both been hurt is the only valid point you have brought up and yes it is a bit unfair of me to say Chuck was hurt and not say Wand was hurt in many of his fights but the fact remains... Chuck fought in Pride 3 times and could've very easily lost all 3 of those fights though he was able to come back in 2 of them he was still handed the worst loss of his career by a Pride fighter and the ring played NO factor whatsoever and whoever said something about a torn hammy....

    Yeah and Forrest had an inflamed Vagina in his last Bonnar fight so save the BS excuses for Tito, Jardine and every other fighter that needs a crutch to soften the blow of losing, Chuck did not play the hammy card as he knows fihgters are always injured and Rampage was ailing some sort of injury as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •