Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Why is Chuck Liddell held in such high regard?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    wand wont recover from a liddell right hand... its the truth he can recover with the best of them but chuck has to much ko power
    Chuck would have to catch him in order for us to find out as Wand has faced Cro Cop and Hunt and I would be willing to bet the house that Cro Cop and Hunt punch with more power. Hand speed would go to Chuck but power would go to Hunt or Cro Cop (likely Hunt).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Hunt dazed him pretty good but he did recover very well from it. Power yeah I'd give it to Hunt but speed Liddells got.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still RETARDED.

  3. #33
    paul Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    Horn would be nowhere near the top in Pride, sorry... Babalu would be maybe #6 at LHW in Pride and the 5 fighters in front of him would all be well in front of him especially Silva, Shogun, Arona and Little Nog. Overeem, Igor, Randleman and Nakamura he may be able to defeat 2 of the 4. Pride is just very deep in LHW and their fighters in LHW are all in top physical shape, are used to fihgting a 10 minute first round, all strike exceptionally well and are cardio machines.

    yes these fighters are also so tough and great and cardio machines and theres a miracle word for this its called steroids (to qoute rick james) it's a hll of a drug and chuck is one of the best lhw's ever and will go down that way and if he fought rampage again in his prime or not chuck would stomp him and if wand catches a right just like chuckthechamp said he would be out i dont care how superhuman his recovery time is when chuck is standing over him throwing the right hands down over and over he'd be out and its like i mentioned earlier his recovery time may not be that great if he got off the roids he wouldnt have that roid rage when he got in there

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    My post was way too huge and accurate to be enducing a "blah blah" in in ALL CAPS might I add....

    Again Wand's recovery and Chuck's are completely different, they can both take a huge amount of punishement but Chuck's recovery takes some time whereas Wand's is instant.. you hurt him, he falls to the matt and the instant he touches it he has recovered and is back in "fight mode" and not "survival mode".

    Never lost a rematch but ONCE AGAIN he has been rematching wrestlers and grapplers, I really don't see how some can be so ignorant as to not being able to grasp the fact that these world class wrestlers and grapplers were not using their "world class" gifts, they were using strikes and Randy, Tito and Babalu have "DECENT" standup at best, that is a proven fact as their fights speak volumes.

    Regarding Babalu's striking, it is decent at best as mentioned, I have watched many of his fights from back when he had the chubbs to him now where he is in much better shape and has much cooler hair, his standup is still just decent.

    Vitor is a black belt in BJJ but that doesn't mean much, it is pretty easy to get that belt and as killer instinct stated, Frank Mir who was a purple belt at the time raped some fool who was a black belt. Also Big Nog is a BJJ blackbelt so would you say Vitor is as good a grappler as Big Nog? Is he even as good a grappler as Wand? NO, he isn't so the BJJ black belt can be very deceaving as in some cases they force you to earn the belts over the course of many years of relentless training and others will pass belts out like it's Christmas.

    The recovery and the fact that they have both been hurt is the only valid point you have brought up and yes it is a bit unfair of me to say Chuck was hurt and not say Wand was hurt in many of his fights but the fact remains... Chuck fought in Pride 3 times and could've very easily lost all 3 of those fights though he was able to come back in 2 of them he was still handed the worst loss of his career by a Pride fighter and the ring played NO factor whatsoever and whoever said something about a torn hammy....

    Yeah and Forrest had an inflamed Vagina in his last Bonnar fight so save the BS excuses for Tito, Jardine and every other fighter that needs a crutch to soften the blow of losing, Chuck did not play the hammy card as he knows fihgters are always injured and Rampage was ailing some sort of injury as well.
    u say i have no valid points but yet you dont talk about how guy meztger is a phenomenall kick boxer and wrestler you just ignore that and use tito and randy and say they have decent stand up.. you say im ignorent but your the one sitting here telling me chuck hasnt fought any real strikers with good wrestling or bjj and and i metion 3 and now a black belt in bjj doesnt mean anything and babalu a guy with very high regarded bjj wrestling and stand up is all of the sudden just decent right? wrong!! u say randy and tito werent using there world class gifts when they fought him.. wel no shit.. the point of a fight is to make someone fight your fight to use there weak points and your strong ones..id say thats the perfect gameplan and it seems to be working for him...

    also you still talk about how chuck could have lost those 2 wins in pride because he was rocked... fuck ive seen so many fights were people almost loose and come back for the victory and people call it heart and perseverance but when its chuck its just luck... and yeah rampage handed chuck his biggest loss.. soo fuckin wat...if they fought again chuck would destroy him!!

    you call me ignorent but your sitting here saying the only reason chuck wins is becuz he makes people strike with him...ummm its called a great gameplan and excicuting it!!! thats wat matt hughes does and randy couture and everyother fighter but when its chuck useing his gamplan its a bad thing...ok

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    u say i have no valid points but yet you dont talk about how guy meztger is a phenomenall kick boxer and wrestler you just ignore that and use tito and randy and say they have decent stand up.. you say im ignorent but your the one sitting here telling me chuck hasnt fought any real strikers with good wrestling or bjj and and i metion 3 and now a black belt in bjj doesnt mean anything and babalu a guy with very high regarded bjj wrestling and stand up is all of the sudden just decent right? wrong!! u say randy and tito werent using there world class gifts when they fought him.. wel no shit.. the point of a fight is to make someone fight your fight to use there weak points and your strong ones..id say thats the perfect gameplan and it seems to be working for him...

    also you still talk about how chuck could have lost those 2 wins in pride because he was rocked... fuck ive seen so many fights were people almost loose and come back for the victory and people call it heart and perseverance but when its chuck its just luck... and yeah rampage handed chuck his biggest loss.. soo fuckin wat...if they fought again chuck would destroy him!!

    you call me ignorent but your sitting here saying the only reason chuck wins is becuz he makes people strike with him...ummm its called a great gameplan and excicuting it!!! thats wat matt hughes does and randy couture and everyother fighter but when its chuck useing his gamplan its a bad thing...ok
    Chuck would not Destroy Rampage! Whoa!!! it would be a close fight, I say Chuck wins now but ya wait till the guys in a slump to say Chuck will beat him fact is neither was in a slump when Rampage dominated him.

    Chuck has not fought any strikers that match his ability as a striker or even come close to it, 90% of the people hes fought are ground fighters and every top fighter hes beaten has been a ground fighter.. not his fault of course, just the facts.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juliodenero
    The reason Chuck keeps his hands down in this position is that he is primarily a counter puncher and his stance, although technically incorrect, plays straight into his strenghts. HE IS THE MAN, like it or not and until somebody dethrones the champ - give him his much deserved dues.
    no problem, i respect his skills, just like to see him fight a few world class strikers, then let him hang his hat.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    blah blah, to start off i'm not a chuck fan, dont like sellouts, dont make excuses for him in his rampage fight, if he is half the fighter you think he is he didnt make excuses. i'll be the first to admit he got skills, but i would like to see him fight a striker, not a wrestler, bjj guy, freestyler and what not, an actual striker, if he ko's a few of those type of fighters then he will truly shut up the critics.
    THANK YOU! exactly, silva has either KOed or gone the distance with fujita, crocop, mark hunt and quinton (one of chuck's if not his only loss) and rampages standup isn't even that good (wand proved that). I feel like I am beating a dead horse when I state these facts but the horse seems to keep on coming back to life because people hold liddell higher than wand and I find it unjustified. wand has proven himself against every type of fighter and fighters out of his weight class. liddell, especially at his own game (striking), has not. tell me I'm wrong.
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donny77
    B/C he has been dominant ever since his loss to Rampage. IT's an accomplishment to KO Randy Twice, make Horn say he don't want no more, and Ko Renato twice. Chucky deserves his props. Atleast he defends his title, adn doesn't fight 165 pounders.
    ?????????????? A striker KOing all non-strikers is an accomplishment???????

    what the hell are you talking about? what else would you even espect him to do? you're going to have to do better than that to defend the#1 spot on the mma rankings of the protected by the UFC fighter.
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiRoundhouse
    ?????????????? A striker KOing all non-strikers is an accomplishment???????

    what the hell are you talking about? what else would you even espect him to do? you're going to have to do better than that to defend the#1 spot on the mma rankings of the protected by the UFC fighter.
    That guy is the newest addition to the troll camp, he is seemingly the reigning champion. Try not to waste much time with him, his responses don't get anymore relevant or sound any less assinine.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    u say i have no valid points but yet you dont talk about how guy meztger is a phenomenall kick boxer and wrestler you just ignore that and use tito and randy and say they have decent stand up.. you say im ignorent but your the one sitting here telling me chuck hasnt fought any real strikers with good wrestling or bjj and and i metion 3 and now a black belt in bjj doesnt mean anything and babalu a guy with very high regarded bjj wrestling and stand up is all of the sudden just decent right? wrong!! u say randy and tito werent using there world class gifts when they fought him.. wel no shit.. the point of a fight is to make someone fight your fight to use there weak points and your strong ones..id say thats the perfect gameplan and it seems to be working for him...

    also you still talk about how chuck could have lost those 2 wins in pride because he was rocked... fuck ive seen so many fights were people almost loose and come back for the victory and people call it heart and perseverance but when its chuck its just luck... and yeah rampage handed chuck his biggest loss.. soo fuckin wat...if they fought again chuck would destroy him!!

    you call me ignorent but your sitting here saying the only reason chuck wins is becuz he makes people strike with him...ummm its called a great gameplan and excicuting it!!! thats wat matt hughes does and randy couture and everyother fighter but when its chuck useing his gamplan its a bad thing...ok
    For sure man, you are not ignorant, it's all based on opinion so that is not ignorance... mezger is a great striker, I took nothing away from him, I gave him full credit and my point is that Chuck fought 3 well rounded fighters in Pride and was tested in all 3 fights whereas Chuck in UFC runs right through wrestlers and grapplers that don't have great standup (I will not call them 1 dimensional), evidence... Horn, Sobral, Tito and Couture (phenomenal GNP but his standup is certainly not great) and Chuck ran through them.

    That is relevant evidence that Chuck is not this dominant figure against strikers like he is against wrestlers and grapplers, Chuck is a wrester and grapplers' kryptonite if the wrestler and grappler are not excellent strikers.

    He is still a top 5 LHW in the world and a fight vs Silva, Shogun, Arona or Little Nog could go either way. I would say Silva would have the highest percentage of winning the fight and I would put it at a 65%-35% and I would put the other 3 fights at a 50%-50%.

    Chuck due to his status is still the #2 ranked LHW but I would not say that he would clearly beat Shogun, Arona or Little Nog as those would all be a toss-up.
    Last edited by dagreat1; 08-30-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •