Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Why is Chuck Liddell held in such high regard?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Chuck has not fought any strikers that match his ability as a striker or even come close to it,
    Thats because there is no one in the LHW division that can match Liddell's power, or ability.

    Seriously, what the fuck does he have to do to get the respect he deserves?? He's fought, and beaten great wrestlers, BJJ experts and some good strikers....he's beaten everyone who's ever been put in front of him, save 1, and that loss would be avenged given the opportunity.
    Babalu is one of the more well-rounded fighters, and he got his ass fed to him.
    Love him, hate him, or indifferent...you have to give Chuck his dues, no matter who they put in front of him, he puts them to sleep.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickass32
    Thats because there is no one in the LHW division that can match Liddell's power, or ability.

    Seriously, what the fuck does he have to do to get the respect he deserves?? He's fought, and beaten great wrestlers, BJJ experts and some good strikers....he's beaten everyone who's ever been put in front of him, save 1, and that loss would be avenged given the opportunity.
    Babalu is one of the more well-rounded fighters, and he got his ass fed to him.
    Love him, hate him, or indifferent...you have to give Chuck his dues, no matter who they put in front of him, he puts them to sleep.
    POWER and ABILITY?!?!? dude, please, I hope you mean UFC LHW division? If you mean all LHW divisions, you are crazy.
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Yes I am mostly talking about about the UFC, and when I say Ability, I'm not talking about fighting ability, more so speed/power/footwork combo.
    Yes, I understand Silva, Shogun etc. all have good striking ability, but IMO, Chuck has the best striking in the LHW division (in the UFC...hands down...in all MMA..debateable, but I still feel he is the best at that aspect)
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kickass32
    Yes I am mostly talking about about the UFC, and when I say Ability, I'm not talking about fighting ability, more so speed/power/footwork combo.
    Yes, I understand Silva, Shogun etc. all have good striking ability, but IMO, Chuck has the best striking in the LHW division (in the UFC...hands down...in all MMA..debateable, but I still feel he is the best at that aspect)
    Mostly? Damn bro, pride has an army of LHW's, not just Silva and Shogun, etc... That etc. consists of Arona, Little Nog, Overeem, Igor, Nakamura and Randleman and those fighters are all a threat to Chuck. IMO Arona and Little Nog would defeat him and the other 4 would all have a good chance to defeat him (I know he already defeated Overeem and randleman but he nearly lost to Overeem and Randleman is very dangerous as he KO'ed Cro Cop and hits harder than Chuck and Silva according to Rampage as Rampage has fought all 3).

    Chuck is certainly a world class fighter and world ranked LHW but you must not dissmiss Pride's LHW division, it is the most stacked of any division in any organization in MMA and have 8 fighters that would all give Chuck a difficult fight whereas no one in UFC is able to do that right now and we will unfortunately be looking at a forrest vs Chcuk fight fairly soon as UFC keeps bringing up Chuk's name in the octagon interview following Forrest's fights.

    It will result in another quick KO and us sayign what we are saying now... "when is Chuck going to fight a great-world class striker"?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    I am in no way dismissing the Pride LHW division....I know there are great fighters there, idid say he is argueably the best striker in the LHW division.

    IMO he is, but I can see the case made for others....it's all opinion and guesswork at this point, 'cause they haven't fought yet.

    But what isn't guesswork is he has beaten everyone put in front of him except for Ramapage, and, again it's opinion, but I feel, as do many others, that Chuck would surely avenge that loss.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    393

    Default

    put him and wandy together and they will decide, its the only way

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ont. Can
    Posts
    3,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binimac
    put him and wandy together and they will decide, its the only way
    Agreed.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •