+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Ultimate Fighting's popularity may put boxing down for count

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    you sound clueless of boxing

    I'm not clueless. There's some people who love boxing for some reason and can't admit that it needs to be improved. The boxers hold on to each other way too much.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God
    I'm not clueless. There's some people who love boxing for some reason and can't admit that it needs to be improved. The boxers hold on to each other way too much.
    need to be improved!?!?!?!? ok I rest my case.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    need to be improved!?!?!?!? ok I rest my case.

    Obviously you love boxing, so whatever I say, oyu're just going to makke excuses. The boxers hold on to each other too much The roy jones jr vs Prince (something) fight was boring. The prince guy just kept trying to hold on to roy, then the ref had to separate them, and so on, it just kept repeating with a couple punches then the prince guy hung onto roy. Improved so they don't hug as much.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Obviously you love boxing, so whatever I say, oyu're just going to makke excuses. The boxers hold on to each other too much The roy jones jr vs Prince (something) fight was boring. The prince guy just kept trying to hold on to roy, then the ref had to separate them, and so on, it just kept repeating with a couple punches then the prince guy hung onto roy. Improved so they don't hug as much.
    Ok I have no biased unlike you because UNLIKE YOU I understand that as a fan I can enjoy them both, I also understand that BOXING IS GOING NO WHERE anyone with intelligence and an unbiased opinion would know that... MMA and Boxing are two entirely different sports its like saying Basketball will put down Football.. wont happen. 2nd of all holding on to another boxer in boxing is broken up in like a second so it sounds to me like your just finding things to complain about. The prince guy who is a solid boxer couldnt beat Roy thats why it went to a decision, some fights arent that exciting but you cant judge the whole sport on 1 fight.. go watch the Hopkins-Tarver fight, the Winky-Taylor fight, and theres a long list of other fights that happened THIS YEAR that were extremely exciting.. this was one of the best years of boxing. Learn somethin about boxing before you go on your Anti-boxing rampage.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    [QUOTE=Afro Samurai]Ok I have no biased unlike you because UNLIKE YOU I understand that as a fan I can enjoy them both, I also understand that BOXING IS GOING NO WHERE anyone with intelligence and an unbiased opinion would know thatQUOTE]

    I have no problem with boxing existing, I simply said that a lot of boxing fans are going to UFC. Didn't you read the Baltimore Sun article? I enjoy watching classic tyson fights, foreman fights, and ali fights, aand sometimes de la hoya. A lot of people are saying that MMA is taking over boxing, I'm not the only one. If someone had to choose, which one do I spend my money on: UFC or boxing?, most people will say MMA.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    [QUOTE=God]
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Ok I have no biased unlike you because UNLIKE YOU I understand that as a fan I can enjoy them both, I also understand that BOXING IS GOING NO WHERE anyone with intelligence and an unbiased opinion would know thatQUOTE]

    I have no problem with boxing existing, I simply said that a lot of boxing fans are going to UFC. Didn't you read the Baltimore Sun article? I enjoy watching classic tyson fights, foreman fights, and ali fights, aand sometimes de la hoya. A lot of people are saying that MMA is taking over boxing, I'm not the only one. If someone had to choose, which one do I spend my money on: UFC or boxing?, most people will say MMA.
    Yes the article is dumb.. like I said MMA taking out Boxing would be like Football taking out Basketball

    I think most people who enjoy combat sports, and have been watching it for years would be the smart ones and say BOTH cuz they can enjoy both.. personally I prefer Boxing, over the past couple years I was all MMA but its died down for me and as of right now I have enjoyed boxing matches more then I have MMA fights.. but im sure it'll change back to MMA and vice-versa.. doesnt bug me I get to enjoy both of them. I Dont know who these lot of people are but MMA is NOT taking over boxing, do you know how long boxing has been around? how much money is in boxing? its not going ANYWHERE.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    [QUOTE=Afro Samurai]
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    I Dont know who these lot of people are but MMA is NOT taking over boxing, do you know how long boxing has been around? how much money is in boxing? its not going ANYWHERE.


    If you look at the PPV buys the UFC is making more. Boxing has more money because it's been around longer than UFC and it has the loyal boxing fans, but (no disrespect) the loyal fans are the only boxing fans and they will die out. I can't wit for your response
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    [QUOTE=God]
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai



    If you look at the PPV buys the UFC is making more. Boxing has more money because it's been around longer than UFC and it has the loyal boxing fans, but (no disrespect) the loyal fans are the only boxing fans and they will die out. I can't wit for your response
    theres actually a boxing forum on here with guys who love both sports! thats the problem with that?

    Ok the ppv buys the UFC is making more.. did you check the number of PPVs the UFC has put out compared to boxing this year? its a ton more! and I would expect the UFC to win the PPV battle.. no problem with that but your missign the point here, BOXING IS GOING NO WHERE AND BOXING FANS WILL NOT DIE OUT YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT ONLY LOYAL BOXING FANS WATCH IT ANYMORE, thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.. Boxing matches still fill up the stands and your saying its only loyal fans that watch it now? ya because Boxing matches are often empty these days.. jesus stop making stuff up.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    [QUOTE=Afro Samurai]
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    theres actually a boxing forum on here with guys who love both sports! thats the problem with that?

    ya because Boxing matches are often empty these days.. jesus stop making stuff up.

    This is mostly opinion. I stated my opinion, you stated yours. I think that boxing will die out, you don't. We'll see what happen in the future. I enjoy watching good boxing matches, unfortunately it seems that all I see are bad matches. You say that there are plenty of good matches out there. Well then I must have some shitty luck because everytime I tune in to see a match it usually sucks.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    [QUOTE=God]
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai


    This is mostly opinion. I stated my opinion, you stated yours. I think that boxing will die out, you don't. We'll see what happen in the future. I enjoy watching good boxing matches, unfortunately it seems that all I see are bad matches. You say that there are plenty of good matches out there. Well then I must have some shitty luck because everytime I tune in to see a match it usually sucks.
    sounds like thats your fault cuz this year had a ton of good boxing matches, and I dont see how anyone can think that a sport thats been around for 100 years is just gonna die out
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •