Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMA Weekly's New Top 10 Rankings As Of 8/29

hendo at 4 doesn't seem right...and same with werdum at 7

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    hendo at 4 doesn't seem right...
    sadly it kinda makes sense now =/ im so let down that he lost recently I still cant get over it.. Hendo is the man! hes suppose to be the best middleweight in the world! damn age is catchin up with him too fast.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I Have a huge problem with Tito being ranked higher then Quinton Jackson

I agree. Quinton Jackson is a challenger in this division. I feel he has a chance to win against any of these guys. Tito, on the other hand, needs to step his game up a little. Maybe I'm a little partial towards Jackson though since he's from TN.

Also, I think Koscheck should've cracked the top ten in WWs. He'll get another chance against Diego soon enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I Have a huge problem with Tito being ranked higher then Quinton Jackson
    i didn't know you were a rampage fan afro. imo rampage should be ranked higher, but i dont see who on that list he could fight to show it. not sure what his contract spec's are but i cant see any of those guys going to wfa. any idea what may lay ahead for mr. jackson.
    Last edited by tapper; 08-30-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    i didn't know you were a rampage fan afro.
    I am but thats not why I think he should be ranked over Tito
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by fe4tw
    Anderson Silva is a bit high, other than that I think it's a good list. Dan has looked bad in his last three fights and lost his last, I think fourth is a good place for him.
    I would like to see Silva go up against "The Crow" That would be goodtimes!

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    very nice, couldnt have done it better myself, but i hate gomi and penn will go back to lw once he loses to hughes and be #1 ranked.
    Hope your right

I'm pissed liddel is #1. they better fight in november so that the #1 LHW is undisputable. I'm tired of his ass being #1. silva will rule his ass in november. I can't wait.
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

I guess going undefeated in Pride for 5 years at LHW just isn't worth a #1 spot. Those people who created this ranking are bias as hell.

A. Silva at #2 is very high, IMO he should be #4, Hendo unfortunately I guesss should be #3 now and Filho #2.

I would also remove Riggs and insert Koscheck into the #10 spot.

Top 4 HW that is certainly accurate however Kid should be #2 as of right now. Yes he is stepping away from MMA to train for the Olympics so either remove hom completely from the LHW list or put him at #2, don't drop him a few spots because he's stepping away from MMA for a few years.

AA seems a bit high also, I would be inclined to think Kharitonov would beat both AA and Sylvia, at the very least AA so I see AA's ranking being way too high after his last performance. IMO he should drop to 10.

At LHW again Silva shuold be #1 (clearly) and the #10 spot should be a toss up between Nakamura, Igor, Randleman and Lindland and honestly, it should go to Nakamura as he defeated both Igor and Randleman... How does Nakamura fly under the radar???? Is it because people see his 9-5 record and fail to understand his 5 losses are to #4-#5 ranked LHW Little Nog (the top 5 LHW are truly on a different level than the bottom half of the top 10 and any of the top 5 could beat anyone else in the top 5 on any given day), #1 ranked MW Dan Henderson (fight was in 04 and Henderson was #1 at the time), #1 ranked Wanderlei Silva, and the #4 ranked HW Josh Barnett.

He has wins over Igor, Randleman, Bustamante, Kondo, Leko and Cyborg. Lindland lost to Bustamante, IMO clearly Nakamura should be #10 at LHW.

Other than the above the rankings are pretty solid!

Thread Information