Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Toney Vs. Tito Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Toney is one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world if he is in shape and takes the fight seriously. He has great knock out power and lets face it he is a better striker than anybody in the ufc because he's one of the best at his craft. Toney would lose if he doesnt train for submision defence but if he did and got in alot of sparring in a good camp such as the militich fighting system and I would give it one year. Then you would see tito get his ass handed to him. Everybody is talking about him not being in shape but Toney goes 12 rounds in boxing and he's fat. The average dude would be huffing and puffing and throwing up after the first so stanima isn't going to be a facter..........36 min for a 12 round fight and 15 min for a mma fight....you do the math
    I agree with this, Toneys only disadvantage is the ground if he eliminates that Tito would get beat round 1 IMO cuz Toney is just a better fighter then Tito, way better boxer then Tito is an MMA fighter.. hes a strong guy, not as fat as some people are implying in this thread either, and hes got one of the best chins in boxing.. hard to finish.. hell I wouldnt be shocked if Toney caught Tito with a hook and KO'd him while Tito tried to attempt a takedown

Boxing isnt called the sweet science for nothin, all good to great boxers are quick on there feet, and there eyes see everything they train to find openings, they train real hard in defense, and you cant be a good boxer with out good reactions.. but id still put money on Tito since Toney is one-dimensional in MMA.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by steelebone
    James Tony's a juicing side show freak. Good fighter with good skills but Tito would fuck him up under mma rules. Tony will do anything to help his washed up career.
    Sounds about right. MMA fans dont need to be subjected to another loud mouth who thinks he's king shit or wants to fight MMA fighters. Having to endure watching Sean Gannon and Kit Cope should be punishment enough.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

It all depends if Toney thinks just standing there and boxing will be enough to win the fight. If Toney doesn't think he has to defend the takedown then he would be in trouble against Tito. And Toney is just a boxer, someone like Cro Cop who is a top Kickboxer would likely beat him standing. Crocop has more weapons to use.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker
    It all depends if Toney thinks just standing there and boxing will be enough to win the fight. If Toney doesn't think he has to defend the takedown then he would be in trouble against Tito. And Toney is just a boxer, someone like Cro Cop who is a top Kickboxer would likely beat him standing. Crocop has more weapons to use.
    wouldnt it depend on if those kicks are hurtin him more then his punches? and you gotta consider defense too but ya id take Cro-cop over a lot of boxers cuz his kickboxing is as good as a lot of good boxers boxing but I wouldnt necessarily take any kickboxer over a boxer just because they can use there legs.

Perfect Example: Gary Goodridge vs Mark Hunt

it was on TV last night, Hunt was throwing knees, kicks.. everything and Goodridge was just straight up boxing... Goodridge won.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Toney is one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world if he is in shape and takes the fight seriously. He has great knock out power and lets face it he is a better striker than anybody in the ufc because he's one of the best at his craft. Toney would lose if he doesnt train for submision defence but if he did and got in alot of sparring in a good camp such as the militich fighting system and I would give it one year. Then you would see tito get his ass handed to him. Everybody is talking about him not being in shape but Toney goes 12 rounds in boxing and he's fat. The average dude would be huffing and puffing and throwing up after the first so stanima isn't going to be a facter..........36 min for a 12 round fight and 15 min for a mma fight....you do the math
    Boxing is a 3 minute round with a break in between. It's footwork and punching but no wrestling, or having to roll your opponent off if he takes you down. Stupid ass comparison that makes no sense. Toney would get killed (minus the proverbially "punchers chance") He's fat, a has been and is looking for some limelight to feed his ego.

Don't waste your time TITO, even SHamrock could beat Toney!

Quote Originally Posted by Conman
    Boxing is a 3 minute round with a break in between. It's footwork and punching but no wrestling, or having to roll your opponent off if he takes you down. Stupid ass comparison that makes no sense. Toney would get killed (minus the proverbially "punchers chance") He's fat, a has been and is looking for some limelight to feed his ego.

Don't waste your time TITO, even SHamrock could beat Toney!
    you were on a role until you said Shamrock could beat Toney... no he cant.

LOL, the great boxer vs. MMA guy debate. MMA guy wins, you guys should know that by now - especially if we're talking about a top MMA guy fighting a boxer under MMA rules. An MMA guy with a WRESTLING base no less, fighting a striker-only type fighter.

Liddell KO'd him because he had wrestling to force a stand up fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Klitscho is a good boxer.. gettin outboxed by him is no big deal, cuz Chris Byrd is a very good finese boxer and Klitsch outboxed him as well.. thing is Peter is a rising star, and while Toney has a steel chin I still see Peter taking this fight decisevly.. as for Ortiz - Toney yea.. Ortiz would win I was just playin about Toney beatin him, but let Ortiz stand with him and he has no chance, hell if Toney had a good wrestling background id take him.. cuz that guy is near impossible to finish and it is kinda hard for me to picture Ortiz pickin up a dude like Toney I dont think he would slam him, but he would easily score a takedown.

I agree, Klitschko is a good boxer. I think he showed how one dimentional Peter is. Although Peter has amazing power, all you have to box and move and the fight is yours. Toney is up there with the best of them at avoiding getting hit. Couple that with his rock solid chin and i think he beats Peter decisively by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMoore
    I agree, Klitschko is a good boxer. I think he showed how one dimentional Peter is. Although Peter has amazing power, all you have to box and move and the fight is yours. Toney is up there with the best of them at avoiding getting hit. Couple that with his rock solid chin and i think he beats Peter decisively by decision.
    if that happens ill be shocked, and while im going for Peters all the way I wouldnt mind seein Toney win cuz I like him too.. I just cant wait to see the fight it should be a real good one!

Yeah man, no question that this fight should be great. I wish they would mic toney for this fight just to hear all of the shit he talks in the ring.

Thread Information