Thread: K-1 rules allow shoed kicks?

Default K-1 rules allow shoed kicks?

I just watched the Fujita/Sapp K-1 match on YouTube. Fujita was delivering some nasty head kicks on Sapp while he was on the ground while wearing shoes. Does K-1 allow that or was the ref just ignoring the rules?

Fujita also was kneeing to the head on Sapp when he was down. Are these normal K-1 rules? If so...that is a brutal organization.

Quote Originally Posted by prophet665
    I just watched the Fujita/Sapp K-1 match on YouTube. Fujita was delivering some nasty head kicks on Sapp while he was on the ground while wearing shoes. Does K-1 allow that or was the ref just ignoring the rules?

Fujita also was kneeing to the head on Sapp when he was down. Are these normal K-1 rules? If so...that is a brutal organization.
    I take it you do not/have not ever seen Pride events?

It is in Japan and that is the K-1 Hero's events which is an MMA venue and has the same rules as Pride. Yes you can kick with the shoes on however, when you are fighting a grappler it is a huge risk as a shoe does not slip out of a heel hook like a bare foot does.

In addition they are wrestling shoes, they are not tennis-shoes with thick rubber soles, they are used for gripping the matt so you can move with quickness and power.

K-1 still does their regular kickboxing events but they also do MMA events and have some of the best fighters in the world just like Pride and UFC and they have more money to throw around than UFC and more than likely Pride as well because the K-1 events are stilling pulling higher ratings than the Pride events (UFC is dominated by these 2 organizatins as far as money).

You should buy some Pride DVD's, you can get them from bestbuy. Make sure you get some from 2002-present as those are the one's with the current world class fighters.

Also you will want to order the upcoming Pride OWGP finals, it will be like watching 2-3 UFC PPV's as far as the overwhelming amount of talent stacked into 1 single PPV, it's simply amazing what they are able to deliver.
    They are also coming to the US to stage their first ever PPV on US soil, it also marks the return of the best fighter in the world, Fedor.... The event is going to be the best of the year (The OWGP, the first ever Pride event on US soil and the New Year's PPV event will be the top 3 MMA events of the year and Pride is hosting them all).
    Last edited by dagreat1; 09-01-2006 at 12:37 AM.

dagreat1, I have recently watched a lot of PRIDE fighting and on the recent fights I have not seen any fighters wearing shoes kicking. In fact, I can't remember any fighters wearing shoes.

I didn;t know K-1 had so much money to throw around. is K-1 that much more popular in Japan compared to PRIDE? From what I can tell here in the US, K-1 is a non-player compared against PRIDE and UFC.

Definitely planning on getting OWGP PPV and would not miss Fedor coming back to destroy Coleman. Fedor is just insane.

I thought I'd let you guys in that K1 no longer allows knees or kicking to a downed opponent any longer. They still do not allow elbow strikes, just like PRIDE, but other than that (and the 10 minute first round), there is nothing that PRIDE and K1 share in common. K1 still pulls in more revenue and ratings than pride ever will in Japan and will probably be the biggest fight promotion in the world for years to come (because of their asian, european and american shows).

Quote Originally Posted by preliator
    I thought I'd let you guys in that K1 no longer allows knees or kicking to a downed opponent any longer. They still do not allow elbow strikes, just like PRIDE, but other than that (and the 10 minute first round), there is nothing that PRIDE and K1 share in common. K1 still pulls in more revenue and ratings than pride ever will in Japan and will probably be the biggest fight promotion in the world for years to come (because of their asian, european and american shows).
    I am shocked that they are that big. I have seen exactly one K-1 kickboxing event on ESPN and thats it. What makes then so popular? Have long have they been in business?

Thread Information