Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrenting Forum?

Default Torrenting Forum?

I don't know how many people here are BT freaks like me, but maybe it would be beneficial to have a Torrenting Forum where people could trade or offer invites to private trackers, talk about the quality of certain "scene" releases (movies), etc.

It would also be a good place for Newbs (not Noobs) to learn about the whole scene.

Whaddya think?

BJJ Boy Guest

A whole forum? I dont know, Maybe a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBooty
    I don't know how many people here are BT freaks like me, but maybe it would be beneficial to have a Torrenting Forum where people could trade or offer invites to private trackers, talk about the quality of certain "scene" releases (movies), etc.

It would also be a good place for Newbs (not Noobs) to learn about the whole scene.

Whaddya think?
    I'm with you. I'm a BT freak as well. I'm not a member of a special deal, but would invite......an invite. I'd help anyone that showed the same courtesy.

I'm in favor of this idea.. ever since Demonoid went down I have a hard time finding movies of good quality.

The only way that I would participate would be if it was a private forum that was closed to the general viewing public. There would have to be a pretty high rep requirement, like 500, to get in. A lot of the private sites frown on even saying their name on a public forum and trading invites is a huge no no at almost all of them. A forum like that that wasn't closed to the public would be a great way to get a bunch of people on the IP blacklist.

Also, there shouldn't even be any references to the forum anywhere else on the site. It should just be invisible to anyone who doesn't have 500 rep.

I think a whole forum would work out....it could be constantly updated with sites that are offering open invites, seeding problems....there are a lot of possibilities for it...it may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jokerthief
    The only way that I would participate would be if it was a private forum that was closed to the general viewing public. There would have to be a pretty high rep requirement, like 500, to get in. A lot of the private sites frown on even saying their name on a public forum and trading invites is a huge no no at almost all of them. A forum like that that wasn't closed to the public would be a great way to get a bunch of people on the IP blacklist.

Also, there shouldn't even be any references to the forum anywhere else on the site. It should just be invisible to anyone who doesn't have 500 rep.

that sounds like a good idea you have there.i got to admit most torrent places im alittle scary of

Quote Originally Posted by jokerthief

100% agreed. I was kind of hesitant to "share" here, because a simple search brings this forum up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2mcgrath
    that sounds like a good idea you have there.i got to admit most torrent places im alittle scary of
    They're nothing to be afraid of....I was at Oink (rest in peace), now I'm in waffles.fm and what.cd. I just try to stay out of the forums and just focus on the music.

But this is the kind of thing that we can discuss in the forum...this is a safe place for folks who aren't all that 'torrent savvy' to ask a lot of the questions that would get them flamed at the actual site.

And yeah...I think I agree with the 500+ rep requirement...especially if we are going to be trading invites. Personally, I would rather just GIVE invites out (that's how I got into Oink, Waffles, What, and Demonoid).

A lot of these "super secret" websites are WAYYYY over rated anyhow (ftwr anyone?)

EDIT: Another thing...we can all share what music we have uploaded on certain private (ratio critical) sites and download each others stuff. This is another one of those nazi rules that these sites have that I can't stand.
    Last edited by ChuckBooty; 11-30-2007 at 10:22 PM.

i for sure think it's a good idea. I like it, rep or not

Thread Information