Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Cruz & I come up with new MMA rankings...

Now you see why the tally system is garbage lol

Oh my, wrong weight class... Not sure how I did that wihout missing a Middleweight. Replace Lister with Baroni, Lister would then replace Swick or Leben, probably Leben since Swick beat Riggs.

I'm going to go out on a very large limb and say that "Erhhhhhhhh" Does not inspire agreement.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

lol Baroni is also not a ww, he's always been a mw.

HW
    1. Fedor
    2. Noguiera
    3. Hunt
    4. Cro-Cop
    5. Arlovski
    6. Barnett
    7. Kharitonov
    8. Wedrum
    9. Fujita
    10. Silvia

LHW
    1. Silva
    2. Shogun
    3. Liddell
    4. Babalu
    5. Rampage
    6. Minotoro
    7. Aronoa
    8. Igor
    9. Overeem
    10. Nakamura

Middleweight
    1. Dan Henderson
    2. Rich Franklin
    3. David Loiseau
    4. Anderson Silva
    5. Bustamante
    6. Marquadt
    7. Horn
    8. Tanner
    9. Lindland
    10. Baroni

Welterweight
    1. GSP
    2. Penn
    3. Hughes
    4. Parisian
    5. Sherk
    6. Riggs
    7. Diaz
    8. Sanchez
    9. Mayhem
    10. Verissimo

LW
    1. Gomi
    2. Kid
    3. Ribierio
    4. Kawajiri
    5. Sudo
    6. Franca
    7. Edwards
    8. Pulver
    9. Sakurai
    10. Hansen
    Last edited by Afro; 05-31-2006 at 01:12 AM.

hahaahaahhaahahaha, up until recently I've agreed a lot with jimmyterrell, but c'mon how can you not know Baroni is Middleweight? Lister I could see confusing his weight since prior to UFC the only big stage he's been in on MMA has seen him in PRIDE, where the names of their weight classes are all one behind UFC's (LHW in PRIDE are called MWs, etc.). But with Baroni you should immediately think ok - Matt Lindland. 185. Or Evan Tanner - 185. Dave Menne - 185. Some of his more known opponents in the past should flash in your mind and you should automatically realize even though he's not called a MW in PRIDE now that he's a 185 lb. Middleweight fighter.

JIMMY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyterrell
    Oh, and I have to strongly disagree with the comment that Griffin would be massacred by Rampages and Wandy. Wandy would beat him rather soundly in a decision, and I'm not sure Jackson could beat him at all.
    Jackson who dominated just about every second of his fight with Liddell?

if you wanna see Griffin get KO'd.. put him against Rampage.

Unhappy

I could have sworn that Baroni went to WW. I thougt this because I thought the Bushido coming up had Phil Baroni vs. Kazuo Misaki and thought that this was a WW Bushido.

I guess I have gotten myself confused... I hate these rankings now!

I know Jackson destroyed Liddell, and I know you have no choice but to think that it would happen today as well. I just feel that it would not be total domination if the two clashed again. Not because Jackson has gotten any worse, but because Liddell has pretty much reached his apex.

This all has nothing to do with Griffin, whom I think could stand up with Jackson based on his standup and his chin.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

I hate to state my opinion like it is a fact, I'm just trying to get across that it is my 'opinion' that Liddell is better today than when he got owned by Rampage.

(Sorry, had to finish up that thought)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyterrell
    I hate to state my opinion like it is a fact, I'm just trying to get across that it is my 'opinion' that Liddell is better today than when he got owned by Rampage.

(Sorry, had to finish up that thought)
    and Jackson would still beat him again IMO

What's it about me and Cruz making forums where the thread topic is completely worthless by as early as page 2? LOL, if people actually read thread titles and just jumped onto the newest page once, they'd be like what the fuck I thought this thread was about rankings, why's everyone talking about Rampage/Griffin?!

I'm not complaining, just found that funny. My old forum was notorious for that, who remembers "How Good Is Vanderlei Silva?" thread or what eventually became "Official Boxing Thread" starting off on one fight, I don't remember which but it was just originally about a fight that was about to happen at that time. Me and Cruz are the king of unorganized forums!

Thread Information