+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Cruz & I come up with new MMA rankings...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyterrell
    I could have sworn that Baroni went to WW. I thougt this because I thought the Bushido coming up had Phil Baroni vs. Kazuo Misaki and thought that this was a WW Bushido.

I guess I have gotten myself confused... I hate these rankings now!

I know Jackson destroyed Liddell, and I know you have no choice but to think that it would happen today as well. I just feel that it would not be total domination if the two clashed again. Not because Jackson has gotten any worse, but because Liddell has pretty much reached his apex.

This all has nothing to do with Griffin, whom I think could stand up with Jackson based on his standup and his chin.
    Sorry but i have to continue the unorganizing of this thread for a second. Jimmy Griffin has the same one two combo (left jab followed by straight right) he uses all the time. Rampage or Chuck would pick that up or actually probably already know from watching his previous fights and pick him apart rather easily.

Back on topic.......... any other rankings out there for us??

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyterrell
    Oh, and I have to strongly disagree with the comment that Griffin would be massacred by Rampages and Wandy. Wandy would beat him rather soundly in a decision, and I'm not sure Jackson could beat him at all.

You must be Forrest under the alias Jimmyterrell

Cause Forrest is totally arrogant and always talking about how he's dominate Rampage, Liddell, etc.? LOL, Forrest is more modest than his fans are when it comes to where he's at on the pecking order at 205 in the UFC or MMA in general. I bet if he saw a lot of people listing him in a top 10 he'd probably argue you to take him off it, not move him up the list.

And while we're still off topic, I think Vanderlei would do more than just win a decision against Forrest. Rampage could definitely beat him, but I agree it's a closer fight than people would think just looking at the two names on paper.

I guess the only reason I give him such a good chance against rampage is because I can't see him being knocked out by Jackson. Forrest has an incredible chin that would, if nothing else, take it the distance. There is a slight chance Jackson could try something else, but he hasn't won by submission (Unless it was due to strikes) since June of 2001. Meanwhile, Forrest has only lost one fight by KO, and it was a kick that he would surley know how to check, as he defended very horribly the last time.

I do have to agree with the fact he is modest however. I remember reading an interview where someone asked Forrest his prediction on a future fight between him and Chuck Liddell and I believe Forrests' exact quote was "It would be a great fight, until Chuck knocked my ass out."

Funny Stuff

(I should just shut up, I already made an ass out of myself with the Baroni thing earlier )
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

kdude- the reason i dont have lindland in my top ten is because i dont think hes better then anyone i have ranked ahead of him. he has never beaten anyone and relies on his wrestling to lay and pray a win. i dont see him beating any of the fighters in the top ten or even beating any of the top 15 fighters.

jimmy- the reason you got confused about the ww thing is because in pride there mw is refered to as ww. the ww gp is 183 and under so it is esentually mw.

but on your other topic what makes you say griffn has a great chin? he hasnt been hit by anyone with ko power or even fought anyone with ko power. if your basing it on the bonnar fight thats crazy because none of those punches had ko power behind them it was just the volume that made him look bad. rampage has better boxing then anyone in the ufc lhw division and is probably the stronger then anyone in that divison. he has much more power then forrest ever will have and is better on the ground. forrest is fun to watch because he goes all out and doesnt quit but hes not really that good. i like the guy but hes no were near the top of the division yet.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

I agree I dont believe Forrest has a great chin either, its been good for the fights hes fought so far but until he fights the big dogs with the heavy hands we cant really say how great his chin is

"the reason i dont have lindland in my top ten is because i dont think hes better then anyone i have ranked ahead of him. he has never beaten anyone and relies on his wrestling to lay and pray a win. i dont see him beating any of the fighters in the top ten or even beating any of the top 15 fighters."

Wow. That's about all just, wow.

--

"rampage has better boxing then anyone in the ufc lhw division and is probably the stronger then anyone in that divison"

Better boxing - just off the top my head, Sakara?

More strength - just off the top of my head, Ortiz?

Ortiz 10 years ago but now? i'd give the edge to Rampage

who has lindland beaten? nonone in the top ten

i would say hes stronger then ortiz and sakara got taken down with ease and subed by lister who isnt even a 205er. so his boxing isnt even usable in mma right now. look at rampages boxing in the lidell fight and thats all that needs to be said.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

Ok, I suppose I can agree with that. Forrest has had a great chin in his fights thus far, but I suppose we need to see how his chin fares against the likes of Rampage, Liddell and others.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information