+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: If you could pick a TUF 4 replacement?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default If you could pick a TUF 4 replacement?

    Alright if you could have picked a different fighter to be on TUF 4 who would it be. Give a good reason to why you would have like to see this particular fighter. And make it believable. Dont be a douche and say someone like Wandy.

    My pick would be Carlos Newton. Mainly bc he was the WW champion. Hes already been there and that would have been interesting to see an actual former world champ on the show.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default

    Ok just realized i should have put this in the TUF forum section. But im tired so fuck it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Ok just realized i should have put this in the TUF forum section. But im tired so fuck it.
    Coffee?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Carlos might be way too good for TUF he was champ once

    what about Renato Verissimo?
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Coffee?
    I dont like coffee so i stick to diet coke for my caffeine kick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    Carlos might be way too good for TUF he was champ once

    what about Renato Verissimo?
    He could work. They could build him up as the guy who went the distance with Hughes.
    Last edited by Legend; 09-04-2006 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    he technically beat Hughes, im sure not every ref woulda gaven the win to Hughes.. Hughes was TKO'd before Netwon was KO'd in that fight.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,117

    Default

    Whatcha think about Dennis Hallman? Claim to fame is subbing Hughes twice. He's fighting at middleweight now. He's 31, and his record is 36-12-2. Most of those wins have been by sub. His two fights in the UFC have been losses to Rivera (55) by decision and Trigg by TKO (48).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Daytona Beach Fl.
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I would have liked to see "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler just for the fact that he is so explosive with his hands. I would have liked to see him and Spratt one more time. Plus he holds a victory over Chris "Lights Out" Lytle.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Alright if you could have picked a different fighter to be on TUF 4 who would it be. Give a good reason to why you would have like to see this particular fighter. And make it believable. Dont be a douche and say someone like Wandy.

    My pick would be Carlos Newton. Mainly bc he was the WW champion. Hes already been there and that would have been interesting to see an actual former world champ on the show.
    Carlos Newton can't be on the show ,b/c like you said he's a former champ and the whole point of this show is to have fighters who've never reached the big time.

    Joe Riggs,Nick Diaz,or Nick Thompson are all reasonable replacements.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MMA1769
    I would have liked to see "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler just for the fact that he is so explosive with his hands. I would have liked to see him and Spratt one more time. Plus he holds a victory over Chris "Lights Out" Lytle.
    Robbie is in contract with ICON Sports at the time.I guess the UFC has enough money to borrow him if they wanted though.Would he fight at WW or MW though?

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •