Thread: arm triangle preference???

Default arm triangle preference???

im just curious if u guys/gals think it is more effective to figure 4 ur arms wen locking in the choke or just squeeze with something like a gabble grip. just wondering cause my partners tell me to figure 4 but in a lot of mma fights most of the time i see people finish it/make the person pass out with the gabble grip

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen
    im just curious if u guys/gals think it is more effective to figure 4 ur arms wen locking in the choke or just squeeze with something like a gabble grip. just wondering cause my partners tell me to figure 4 but in a lot of mma fights most of the time i see people finish it/make the person pass out with the gabble grip
    I've only been taught the figure four so that's what I go with. Can you post a pic or just explain the gabble grip please?
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Kimuras"R"Us
    I've only been taught the figure four so that's what I go with. Can you post a pic or just explain the gabble grip please?

heres a sketchy kind of picture lol. the gable grip is a grip where u face ur palms toward each other and clapse them together without using ur thumbs.. sorry i suck at explaining things

I usually figure-four, but IMO it's all up to you. I've tried doing it gable-grip style and I found that I expend a lot more energy (and since I have weak arms I don't want to gas them out). Even if you start figure-fouring there'll still be discussions on "what to do with you left hand?!" (if you're right-handed like me); press on his forehead, pull his wrist, push his arm...

In the end it all comes down to how effective the choke is. If you can choke someone out in 8 seconds with one and 30 seconds with the other... just try every single way and see which one works best.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen

heres a sketchy kind of picture lol. the gable grip is a grip where u face ur palms toward each other and clapse them together without using ur thumbs.. sorry i suck at explaining things
    Thank God Microsoft ClipArt had a picture of the gable grip for you to show... lol. Thanks for the explanation, rep'd.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Thread Information