View Poll Results: Which Striking Art Are You Experienced In?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boxing

15 30.61%
  • Karate

13 26.53%
  • Kickboxing

11 22.45%
  • Kung Fu

3 6.12%
  • Muay Thai

16 32.65%
  • Tae Kwon Do

12 24.49%
  • Other

5 10.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Striking Experience

Default Your Striking Experience

I know there are some on these forums who are strikers and grapplers (like me) or just strikers. I am just curious what everyone does and such. Any of you ever compete at any level, Own(ed) a school, etc. Post pics, videos, anything.

I have experience in Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai Kickboxing (currently doing this). Have done small competitions, but nothing major yet.

Join the K-1/Striker's Social Group: MMA News Forums - The Striker's Club
    Last edited by Ramma; 12-07-2008 at 03:03 PM.

i took Judo/JiuJitsu as a kid. For about a year, but i had to stop taking class since the dojo was so far from home. I took up TKD/Karate for 3 years. Loved it, even though the instructor could have allowed us to spar more. I stopped taking martials arts around age 9-10.

i want to take up Thai Boxing or just Boxing, but i honestly have no time.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Got a black belt in karate even though i never gave a fuck about itjust like every other kid. Took a few years and $100 per test (for the next belt). I personally thought i was horrible at it lol i couldnt remember all the kata bullshit. Gave up when i was like 15. Took boxing for a couple months but gave up since i had to focus on varsity rugby and tennis. Personally in real situational fights its all about not being a pussy and be able to take a punch and give a punch. Martial arts is overrated for self defense lol... just buy a fucking gun or grow some balls and throw the first punch and knock a fool out. Not a real big fan of grappling although Judo does interest me alot... its all about knocking fools out with yo fists and the ocassional headbutt (which imo is FUCKING effective, no one will ever see a headbutt to the nose coming).

Welcome to the BK Lounge bitches.

amateur boxing and have been training mma for 6 months

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

Boxing is a martial art
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Did karate as a kid until about 13, took up boxing as a teen, started Muay Thai about 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    Boxing is a martial art
    Changed it, just for you

Kempo, Hung-gar, and karate...

Sadly non of which I'd use in a fight... I'm more incline to smash someone in the face or throat at close range then slam them to the ground... amazing what "ground" will do for you...

taekwon do as a kid. I trained myself in boxing, read a few boxing books here and there and have practiced them for about a year on my own.

I trained in boxing for a year in a half when I was 14-15 (now being 17), let go to concentrate on hockey training, but starting to look to get back into it, or maybe muay thai or kickboxing + grappling or BJJ
    ''Pain is temporary. Pride is forever." -Enson Inoue

Thread Information