Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc Offers Lyoto Fight With Tito Ortiz

Warchief Guest

Thumbs up Ufc Offers Lyoto Fight With Tito Ortiz

Ed Soares, the manager for Lyoto Machida, has confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that Ultimate Fighting Championship officials have offered the Brazilian a fight against former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz.

According to Soares, Machida has accepted the fight and at this point, they are waiting to find out if Ortiz will accept the bout.

“It would be an honor to fight such a legend as Tito Ortiz,” said Machida. “I would like to see how my technique matches up against his.”

Machida is coming off of, quite possibly, the most impressive victory of his career. He submitted highly touted Pride veteran Sokoudjou at UFC 79 just 4:20 into the second round. The win kept him undefeated and improved his professional record to 12-0 (including four victories in the UFC).

A win over a veteran fighter like Ortiz would seemingly put him a fight or two away from a title shot.

Ortiz – who can be seen on the popular NBC television series “The Celebrity Apprentice” – was last seen in the Octagon in a draw with Greg Jackson-trained fighter Rashad Evans at UFC 73 in July of 2007. He is reportedly on the last fight of his current UFC contract.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...sp?a=5404&z=13

War Machida!

Hopefully Tito won't wuss out. We all know he will be injured (like always) but I still hope he takes the fight!
    Favorite quote of UFC 87.

"These guys both have hearts the size of Tito's fucking head!!" Dana White.

Well, considering how Tito was nothing to do with stand up. I think he matches up well against Lyoto. Its only a matter of Machida defending Tito's takedowns...

The Dragon will destroy.
    I don't have favourite fighters, just favourite fights.

<3 Arianny

Warchief Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kc56 View Post
    War Machida!

Hopefully Tito won't wuss out. We all know he will be injured (like always) but I still hope he takes the fight!
    Meh! Tito always mentions that he will be healthy as a Horse, this coming 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by kc56 View Post
    War Machida!

I said this in a previous post Machida won't get a title shot anytime soon they will throw Tito an Shogun at him first.

Have to say kc56's has the best Sig ever!!!

TriangleChoke Guest

i honestly dont see tito taking this fight and if he does, it will be a 3 round snooze fest with machida making tito look like crap

i really dont care to see tito fight anymore. id rather see machida fight jardine myself.
    2-1 sig bets.

who the hell is Wand gonna fight Keith???

Quote Originally Posted by mcdev88 View Post
    i really dont care to see tito fight anymore. id rather see machida fight jardine myself.
    Same here.

But if Tito does except,for probably the 1st time ever ill reallllllly hope he wins a fight.

People are making Machida out to be some mma god after his fight with Soko. Sure hes good,but some are saying hed beat Chucks ass with ease,and now Titos? I think not. If Tito takes this fight,I see him taking down Machida,pounding away,passing his guard,Mounting,and finishing Machida.

WAR Stamos!
    Who the fuck is Shogun???

TriangleChoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    Same here.

But if Tito does except,for probably the 1st time ever ill reallllllly hope he wins a fight.

People are making Machida out to be some mma god after his fight with Soko. Sure hes good,but some are saying hed beat Chucks ass with ease,and now Titos? I think not. If Tito takes this fight,I see him taking down Machida,pounding away,passing his guard,Mounting,and finishing Machida.
    if tito finishes machida in the fashion that you just described (which i highly doubt will happen), he would definitely be back in line for a crack at the belt

Thread Information