Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mir vs Lesnar

1. Default

This is a tough one to call. I thought Mir by submission, but I keep thinking about what a beast Lesnar is. He is also an amateur wrestling champ. I don't know. If Mir can survive Lesnar's ground and pound and get a submission, he has a chance. But Lesnar is going to come in as the aggressor.

I'm rooting for Mir (because he has paid his dues), but it could go either way. I have no idea.

Lesnar would win a unanimous decision if it came down to that because he will definitely be the aggressor in this match and he will be scoring takedowns at will. But I doubt it's going to distance. One of them will gas by the end of the 2nd round. The one who gases first will be at the other's mercy and will lose.

foundstarr Guest

This one I don't even want to pick, I'm a Mir fan through and through. Lesnar would truly shake up the HW division though if he is really taking this seriously and trains like no other.

Hard pick but I gotta go with my boy Mir by submission.
    "If you disrespect fighting it will disrespect you"

-BJ Penn

I like Brock talking about Mir "So he broke Sylvia's arm who cares". Yeah so what I broke Hardcore Holly's Neck, right Brock.
    Last edited by atj-lucko; 01-21-2008 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumsNews View Post
    I never understood why people like Lesnar's transition into MMA from the pathetic entertainment of 'Professional Wrestling' over Kimbo's transition. I hope Lesnar gets beaten bad.
    Dude, not from Pro wrestling, he is a NCAA National Champion in wrestling, and was runner up one year as well... His wrestling (real wrestling) skills are AMAZING!!!

Brock can be huge in this sport, he has all the athletic ability to do it... His only obstacle would be his stand up.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by luismelhernandez View Post
    This is a tough one to call. I thought Mir by submission, but I keep thinking about what a beast Lesnar is. He is also an amateur wrestling champ. I don't know. If Mir can survive Lesnar's ground and pound and get a submission, he has a chance. But Lesnar is going to come in as the aggressor.

I'm rooting for Mir (because he has paid his dues), but it could go either way. I have no idea.

Lesnar would win a unanimous decision if it came down to that because he will definitely be the aggressor in this match and he will be scoring takedowns at will. But I doubt it's going to distance. One of them will gas by the end of the 2nd round. The one who gases first will be at the other's mercy and will lose.
    I agree with everything but the gassing part... I can see Mir gas, but no way is Lesnar gassing... besides being strong as an Ox... he is a cardio freak as well.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jrube View Post
    I agree with everything but the gassing part... I can see Mir gas, but no way is Lesnar gassing... besides being strong as an Ox... he is a cardio freak as well.
    If Lesnar cant take the takedown then Mir has already won this. plus lets see if lesnar can takedown a Focused Mir.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

I hope lesnar wins.
    WAR LESNAR

Fav Fighters;
    Hughes. Stevenson. Franklin. A Silva. W Silva. R Couture. Liddell. Cro Cop. Fedor.
    'Shogun' Rua. F Griffin. BJ Penn. Big Nog. Lesnar. Boestch. Hazelett. G Harris.
    Henderson. Huerta. Guida. Arlovski. N Marquardt. Reljic. M Brown.
    Saunders. Carwin. Jardine. Manhoef.

http://www.nomercyathletics.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrube View Post
    since when does a heavier human being become faster then someone lighter then him? gravity will work against Lesnar if it comes to agility, common sense tells you that. in a race maybe Lesnar wins but agile and how fast you are are two different factors.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

i think Brock is the best athlete on the planet, as far as his athletic ability, size, speed, agility, quickness and strength. Lebron James is a close 2nd but this guy is just an amazing specimen. That being said i believe Lesnar is going to overwhelm Mir and will GNP mir in the first round.

Thread Information