Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drinking water: ice cold or room temperature?

Water should be drunk at room temperature, as it is less of a shock to your system but I've heard that Yes, if you drink 1 liter of ice cold water you will lose 20 calories. Drink a glass of warm water also before meal, because it fills our stomach quickly so we avoid of eating too much. I used to drink a lot of warm water all day long. I don't like cold drink and ice. I believe warm water disabsorbed fat.

NO ONE should drink water before or after eating. studies have shown the extremely negative consequences for this. also, drinking water before eating does not "trick your body" into thinking you're full. the only way that's accomplished if u drink soda or something with gas because that will bloat your stomach, but as soon as you're done "eating" (your small portion) you will feel hungry again. nothing beats learning "eat until you're not hungry, not until you're FULL"

If you drink water when it is cold, your body has to work that much harder to get it back to body temperature which means you will be consuming more energy..The same energy you will need to get you through training or a fight.

Room Temperature is the way to go - I used to play professional beach volleyball and drinking non cold water was key to getting us through those tough matches in the 40 degree sun

Funk

I heard its becuase you get cramps, or you start to suffer brain freeze which could lead in the utter decapitation of your head.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

Cold water is my favorite beverage....room temp water is too blah.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Just checking out random threads...My nutrition and organ histology professor lectured that drinking ice water can damage your mucosa and that room temperature water didn't pose negative effects to one's cellular metabolism.

BP

The only thing we were allowed to use cold water for @ MSU was spraying your head with.
    all major waterbottles were slightly below room temp.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information