Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking water: ice cold or room temperature?

Icecold water is fine, just whatever you do, ice cold water, room temperature, etc. don't go chugging a gallon of water after your workout or you run the risk of hyperhydration and can die from it.

Dana White - "Fedor is a farce"
    Fedor - Destroys Sylvia in 36 seconds
    EMELIANENKOWNED!

In a spam free, scam free, and fraud free environment

Room temperature water is better for you physically if you have been training or working out hard first, otherwise if you drink a lot of ice cold water after any strenuous physical activity, you risk the possibility of getting some real bad gut cramps. And you definitely want to sip it slowly, not chug it or guzzle it all down at once.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter much whether you drink water chilled or at room temperature because the amount of calories your body burns warming chilled water up, together with the added cooling effect chilled water has on your body is not serious enough to concern yourself with.

But the main thing is to keep enough water going into your body to keep it properly hydrated at all times regardless. A mimimum of 8-10 8oz glasses of water a day is a must for most people, depending on your size and muscle mass.

Also, a lot of people that have problems with their weight mistake the body's desire for more water for it's need or hunger for more food. So if you are trying to lose weight, drop your calorie intake to a more healthy level, eat healthier and smaller meals more frequently, get more exercise, drink a lot more water more frequently, and you will start to notice the benefits right away.
    Last edited by #1taz; 04-03-2008 at 11:46 AM.

TriangleChoke Guest

if i'm in the weight room, room temp. water is fine. If i'm outside in the heat, i prefer cold water

If you're Luke Cummo, you prefer piss... Ice cold piss.

When you're at the bar with Luke Cummo drinking some beers and it's time to go to the bathroom he hits the urinal, bottles it, has the bartender put it on ice for em, and then sips it like Henny XO.

EMELIANENKOWNED!

look, cold water is better because your body burns calories trying to warm it up which also improves your metabolism over all, provided that you drink mostly only water, and not water during work outs and then coke and pepsi and smoothies all day, that's more counterproductive than eating big macs after workouts (Well that's a bit exaggerated). and cold water cools your body and gets absorbed by your body faster than room temperature water. however, you shouldn't freak you or worry that you're drinking water that's not ice cold if that's all that's around while, let's say, you're working out and feeling thirsty.

^^^^^^

What I udually pre workout is take my nanovapor and I scrape the calcium deposits from my Brita pitcher, add water and put it all into the blender.

Is it ok for me to be comsumign the calcium deposits, even if they're brownish in color but tasty in flavor?

EMELIANENKOWNED!

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1 View Post
    ^^^^^^

What I udually pre workout is take my nanovapor and I scrape the calcium deposits from my Brita pitcher, add water and put it all into the blender.

Is it ok for me to be comsumign the calcium deposits, even if they're brownish in color but tasty in flavor?
    ok that's just weird, lol.

ice water makes your body burn calories because your body has to work to warm it up to your body temperature. So i'd say cold water.
    "I don't know when it will happen, but it's inevitable that I will lose." - Fedor Emelianenko

Russell "The Careless Whisper" Rife - Superman punching your face

I follow the 15 glass of water therapy and I prefer normal water at room temperature. It has helped me to remove bad effects of food disorder and after practicing this method I am not afraid of eating even heavy foods.

Cold water boosts exothermic reactions for your body because your cells have to drop extra energy to bring the water to equilibrium with the rest of you.

Thread Information