Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather-De La Hoya II could come in September.

Punk Ass Guest

I hope Oscar can win, but I doubted. IMO this rematch is purely for the money, but the anticipation is gon. It wont generate as much as it did before. I don't even see why Floyed would agree to it if he claims he just wants to fight the best.

Because Floyd is scared of someone actually giving him a tough fight, that's why. He kept ducking Margarito, he's ducked Mosley, he's ducking Cotto now, and God knows Williams probably makes Floyd shit his pants. Do you realize that last year, he had actually agreed to take a fight against Cory Spinks? Cory Spinks!? The same Cory Spinks that managed to make a Mayorga fight dull and unwatchable? Disgusting.

This is the most cynical fight that could possibly be made, and Oscar, he's not innocent here either. What in the hell would possibly make him want to subject us to another dull fight with the man who's holding the welterweight title hostage? Oscar said he wanted to have a fight that was guaranteed to be exciting and intriguing, and he wants to fight Mayweather? Oscar, you disappoint me. Cotto was right there ready to fight in May, guaranteed action fight, you even match up pretty well with him, but you want to rematch with Mayweather?

I'm rooting for you anyway to kick Mayweather's ass, as unlikely as that prospect may be, but I hop you know, Oscar, that I'm not payin' for this fucking fight....*rant over*

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Breaking News: Floyd Mayweather Injured On RAW?, & More
    03/10/2008 by Ryan Clark

Jim Ross announced on RAW that Floyd Mayweather suffered an elbow injury. During the melee earlier in the show, he was thrown over the top rope, caught by several WWE wrestlers, and got up acting like he was in pain. At the time the idea of an injury wasn't played up. Later in the show, in a low key fashion, Ross just said there was an elbow injury. He didn't elaborate on it like one would for a wrestling angle. That doesn't mean it wasn't an angle, as they could be low keying it to make it less obvious. We should have more later tonight. (Credit: Dave Meltzer)

Oscar is not fighting Floyd next. He is fighting Steve Forbes first as a tune up. He has stated that he will fight three more fights and then quit.
    Oscar can beat Floyd, but its going to take a ref that will not allow Floyd to hold once Oscar gets inside on him.
    Oscars biggest mistake is not understanding that Floyd is a pussy. Except for the money, he should never take this fight because Floyd will never fight. He is concerned with dancing. Im sure he was crushed when he did not win on "dancing with the stars". Floyd is a tremendous boxer, maybe the best pure boxer ever, but he is not a top 100 FIGHTER IMO. If you are a true fighter there comes a time in a fight when you want to stand there and see who is stronger and not just run and see who can outpoint the other.
    Floyd is one of..or THE most selfish boxers I have ever seen. He truly does not give a damn about what fans want to see, only about looking pretty. (what he considers pretty)

And I agree completely, this fight is 100% about $.

In a perfect world I would like to see Oscar win, BUT if he beats Floyd we will no doubt see a third fight between the two, which does not need to happen. I hope Floyd KO's him, or at least wins in convincing fashion, which would mean no rematch, and no reason for Floyd not to fight Cotto.
    Also, I like Oscar, but it's not a forgone conclusion that he wins in April - shit happens

BTW - this WWF elbow injury thing is fake, right?

Shit does happen, but I sure dont see Forbes beating Oscar. I dont think Forbes has nearly enough power (9 total KO's in his career) to stay in with Oscar. Seems like a real safe fight to me. It will give people a chance to see Oscar on something other than PPV, but thats about it.

Thread Information