Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was Jackson thrown off and Leben wasn't?

Default Why was Jackson thrown off and Leben wasn't?

Chris left the house too and didnt go..

Randy Couture

To clarify, I mean that Leben stayed because of Couture and Jackson did not have anyone like Randy to keep him on.

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by MMA 4ever; 09-12-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Thats bulshit... I hate Dana!!!!!

I think it is also that Leben left and came back, whereas Jackson had someone meet up with him and then snuck out of the house to meet them. It's a slightly different situation.

Also they more than likely have cracked down harder on the rules now that the show is more popular.

Manufactured Drama.

You need to have high ratings to draw advertisers, and if there's no drama ... then CREATE SOME !

i think storm is right..since they knew there wouldnt be a whole lot of bullshit going on due to the fact these guys are already professional athletes, maybe dana gave jackson some money to take one for the team..we'll see if dana lets him fight again, then most likely it was a scam..on the other hand, maybe dana expects more discipline from this group considering this could be their final shot..

Quote Originally Posted by j.farrell
    i think storm is right..since they knew there wouldnt be a whole lot of bullshit going on due to the fact these guys are already professional athletes, maybe dana gave jackson some money to take one for the team..we'll see if dana lets him fight again, then most likely it was a scam..on the other hand, maybe dana expects more discipline from this group considering this could be their final shot..
    I'd go with your second idea rather than a conspiracy.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

Quote Originally Posted by MMA 4ever
    Randy Couture

To clarify, I mean that Leben stayed because of Couture and Jackson did not have anyone like Randy to keep him on.

Just my opinion of course.
    I agree, Leben had his coach and mentor there with him to push for him to stay on the show, while JJ was on his own. Randy probably would have left the show had Leben been kicked off, and Dana (while I hate the way he does things sometimes) is too smart to let something like that happen

Not to mention that also Jackson has been in the UFC before, He knows what he needs to do and take this seriouslly and focus and he didn't. But Leben hadn't been in the UFC before he was a new comer and noone in the house knew what they were really getting into and how serious and focued you have to be. Thats why I think he wasn't kicked, Giving him a 2nd chance, but for Jackson, being on the show was his 2nd chance.

Exclamation Give Me A Break!

Leben was on the first TUF and they've made a lot of changes on the show since then. If they continued to let guys get away with it, why would there be any motivation to adhere to the rules? If JJ had been allowed to stay why wouldn't every other guy on the show say, why not?

Breaking rules = Facing the consequences. It's a fact of grown up life EVERYWHERE. Stating every exception to that (Breaking rules = Consequences) doesn't make it any less true. I sure wish someone would have given me a 6 week or 12 week short cut. Let me see......8 years of college living in poverty or 6 weeks of living in a luxury home with every thing I really need being handed to me, but being bored. Whoopdi doo. Some of you guys act like they are going through some real hardship. Give me a break.

They should be looking for creative ways to entertain themselves. There was life before television. I can think of all kinds of things I would spend my time doing if I were in their situation.

My point is that EVERYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH SACRIFICING FOR. I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given and the talents I have and these guys should be too, and I think some of them are.

Jeremy Jackson appears to be his own worst enemy.

Thread Information