Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins vs. Tarver - Who wins and how?

Tarver will destroy B Hop. Not because hes a better boxer hes just bigger and stonger. Tarver is a horrible boxer before he KOd Hardin like 4 years ago he was en ESPN boxer. Now just because he beat the glass joe overrated ROY JONES in a division that has allways been a joke, people want to say he is good. However I will be goin for B Hop but I would put the house on Tarver. Tarver in 7.

Hopkins never beat Roy Jones???

when did Hopkins beat Roy Jones?
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

He didn't say Hopkins beat RJJ, he said Tarver did.

lets go B-Hop!

the executioner!!!
    Last edited by Afro; 06-11-2006 at 06:18 AM.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Props to everyone who picked Hopkins to win this fight!!!

what a fight!

I never imagined Hopkins would win that easily. Wow. He definitely displayed technical superiority tonight.

You know i've always said Tarver wasn't that good, but the reason i didn't think Hopkins would own him is because he's 41 and moving up 2 weight classes this late. He shocked the hell out of me with how easy he handled Tarver! He could've owned 175lbs long ago. I wonder if he had trouble making 160lbs for a while but never mentioned or showed it? Hopkins fought strong for 12 rounds from beginning to end and i thought it could've been a clean sweep. He should retire now and end on a very high note, beating Roy right now would prove nothing but if they did fight it seems Hopkins would destroy him. Great job by B-Hop and i'm glad because i can't stand Tarver!

And for the record, even though he had kind of a shitty production with commentators and unknown refs, Bob Arum put on the better show tonight than Delahoya. On hbo (delahoya's show) there was a shitty ref stoppage that cost Camacho Jr. his match (i ref ive complained about a lot, Randy Neumann) and Vazquez won due to the docs stopping the fight because of a nose being broke or bleeding too much?! Plus the first fight with Paez Jr. was a 4 round borefest. The only good thing was the schoolage Hopkins laid on Tarver and that had it's bore spots. On Arum's card you had the Notre Dame boy destroy his opponent in his debut, Chavez Jr. with a lovely victory, Kevin Kelley get messed up and ko'd by Bobby Pacquaio, Duddy put on a good performance, and of course Cotto destruction of Malfaggi. Just all around better plus $10 cheaper! Whoever chose Hopkins/Tarver over Cotto/Malfaggi chose wrong tonight. My dumbass bought both of course! :banghead:

ya B-hop would prolly destroy Roy right now but I dont get why he siad he wouldnt give Roy a rematch that seems kinda odd to say cuz Roy beat him not the other way around.

the Camacho stoppage was BS, but I think Camacho would of lost anyways.

I always felt Tarver was overrated, glad Hopkins beat his ass.. as a matter of fact Hopkins always seems to beat boxers I dont like (Trinidad, Tarver) so great for him, he had a great career... no Roy-Hopkins 2 please! I dotn wanna see Roy get beat anymore he needs to retire as well unless he fights Trinidad.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    ya B-hop would prolly destroy Roy right now but I dont get why he siad he wouldnt give Roy a rematch that seems kinda odd to say cuz Roy beat him not the other way around.
    When b-hop beat Tito there was some talk between him and RJJ about rematch but it fall trough, with a lot of accusations flying around...maybe hopkins is still pissed about it.

Thread Information