Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC to send Liddell to fight in K-1?

sylvia vs lebanner should be happening not chuck!

ya that should happen cruz but dana wont send one of his guys over or bring a k-1 guy here unless he knows his guys gonna win. we all know le banner would ko sylvia.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

well Liddell would get schooled over there too. and Slvia already pussed out of facing LeBanner

Liddell would get schooled depending on who he fought. Guys like Rampage and Tom Erikson have had success in K-1. Shit Bob Sapp was a K-1 star who beat their best fighter ever twice, need I say more?

But yeah I agree in most cases Liddell would get smashed in K-1. But don't underestimate his kickboxing skills just because he's sloppy in the octagon. That sloppy style is crafted specifically for MMA and it's effective as he's proven. The dude has legit kickboxing skills, very legit skills actually. Are they on par with people he'd have to fight in K-1? I doubt it, at least not polished enough due to him not competing in kickboxing in forever and changing his striking style to MMA and probably getting too used to it to.

there are plenty of guys chuck would beat in k-1 thats why it would work for the ufc to send him over because they could pick who he fought. they cant send sylvia because no matter if its in the ufc or k-1 he has to fight lebanner.

Liddell is a kempo black belt

well most the guys are sorta big now. cuz i think they have like 2 weights 180 or so and under and unlimited. if they put him up against a legite guy he'd lose

ya they have the K-1 max which is 70kgs and then regualar k-1 which is any weight but most of the guys are huge except for koklai. ya if the put him up against a legit guy i think he would lose aswell but there are plenty of non legit guys he could fight.

The japanese are great at leading on...remember, in some cultures, yes, may mean "no!"

Chuck isn't fighting under K-1 until an active K-1 fighter (Royce doesn't count) fights in the UFC first!

Why doesn't Royce count? Or B.J. Penn?

Either way, like I've said on this thread already I agree with what you just said. It's not going to happen. But Gryphon knows his Japanese shit, so it's gotta be being talked about in the Japanese media right now. I just want to know WHAT is being discussed. Hasn't anyone found a way to translate that NikkanSports page from Japanese text to English text yet?

K-1 rules or heros! either way liddle will loose. if it is K-1 rules, liddles best weapon is taken away, his thumbs. K-1 rules uses boxing gloves. if he fights in heros, he will get distroyed also by anyone.

chuck liddle: black belt in Ken Poke the eye karate

Thread Information