Thread: should big nog be the new #1 HW

Default should big nog be the new #1 HW

should big nog be the new #1 HW in mma now after this win. becoming the ufc champ by beating tim. i know fedor has beat nog in the past, but as of today who should be #1. nogs last 5 fights were a whos who of HW fighters. went 4-1 only losing to barnett and four of the fights were in the top 6 HW's in the world.

I think Randy is 1 and Nog is 2 I think Fedor is no longer top 10 he fights chumps and I think barnett is out he fights noone and no way he is above Randy he was on roids that shouldn't be a win. If Randy will fight Nog then I say thats the number one I think Randy would own that and not being biased in anyway Randy would over power and out strike Nog he would slam him all day and Randy is hard to submit

I could easily justify pushing Nog up to #1 with this win. It's iffy though since Fedor has a direct win over Nog but hasn't fought a top 20 opponent in a while and isn't looking to any time soon.

I see no logic for Randy to be #1 or even #2 at this point with his 2 HW wins being Tim and Gonzaga since Nog just beat Tim (and has a more accomplished recent HW record) and Werdum just beat Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I could easily justify pushing Nog up to #1 with this win. It's iffy though since Fedor has a direct win over Nog but hasn't fought a top 20 opponent in a while and isn't looking to any time soon.

I see no logic for Randy to be #1 or even #2 at this point with his 2 HW wins being Tim and Gonzaga since Nog just beat Tim (and has a more accomplished recent HW record) and Werdum just beat Gonzaga
    I can't see any logic in putting Randy above Fedor or Nog, either.

Certainly, Fedor hasn't fought a top 10 recently, but Randy isn't fighting anyone. In addition to his more accomplished HW record, Nogs stopped as good of a Tim Sylvia as I've seen recently, I just don't see how a logical case can be made to put Randy over him.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Nog is the best HW who is currently fighting top HW's

Fedor is the best HW in the universe

He deserves the number one spot. And should keep it until one of two things happen 1. Fedor actually fights someone or 2. Randy gets off his "I only want to fight Fedor" horse and beats Nog. Both of which are highly unlikely events. I mean Randy already turned down a fight against Nog so why would he change his mind now.

Thread Information