Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Overated?

Default Who's Overated?

Since my last post seemed to go so well, here's a new question. Which fighters do you think are overated. Here's my top 5.

1.Rashaad Evans
    2. Diego Sanchez (needs to drop to LW)
    3. John Fitch (IMO he needs one more win over a quality opponent to be considered #1 contender)
    4. Roger Huerta (win over Clay Guida impressive, but has not fought another quality opponent)
    5.Forrest Griffin (Keith Jardine beat his ass so bad he sat down in the ring and cried like a baby. I lost all respect for him after that.)

*Matt Serra is not on this list due to fact no one actually respects his skills. To be overrated some one actually has to respect you. (not a diss on Serra I just havent ever heard anyone talk good about him.)

I think the majority of the ultimate fighter guys are overhyped and spoonfed handpicked matches to make them appear better then they really are....for the most part. All that really matters is if Dana likes you it seems. I got tired of watching nick diaz on the main card before they finally clued in. I dont know if i agree with the whole jon fitch one though. he looks like a pretty sound fighter but i would like to see him in a few more meaningful matches

Hmmm.. if this thread goes the way of the dodo and fighter bashing starts.. this thread is getting the

Intelligently debate.

Ramma is overrated as a fighter, but underrated as a mod.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

I think Kenny Florian is overrated. But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusatemyhotdog View Post
    Ramma is overrated as a fighter, but underrated as a mod.

Don't try to soften me up..

By the way, you need to either contact jesus or get over his eating of your hotdog.. I think we are all tired of seeing you complain about it everytime you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post

Don't try to soften me up..

By the way, you need to either contact jesus or get over his eating of your hotdog.. I think we are all tired of seeing you complain about it everytime you post.

You assume that it is a complaint.

It is simply a statement of fact.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusatemyhotdog View Post
    You assume that it is a complaint.

It is simply a statement of fact.
    I have it on good authority that Jesus DID NOT in fact eat your hot dog, but in fact has been covering up for Eve.

i agree with rashad. not jon fitch hes for sure up there. i believe diego would beat kos in a rematch. as for forrest he was picking jardine apart until he got caught but... umm did you watch the shogun fight?
    2-1 sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by edthepimp View Post
    I think the majority of the ultimate fighter guys are overhyped and spoonfed handpicked matches to make them appear better then they really are....for the most part. All that really matters is if Dana likes you it seems. I got tired of watching nick diaz on the main card before they finally clued in. I dont know if i agree with the whole jon fitch one though. he looks like a pretty sound fighter but i would like to see him in a few more meaningful matches
    I totally agree with you, but I think people misunderstood what I was trying to say about Jon Fitch, prior to the Hughes vs GSP fight the UFC was saying this guy was the #1 contender and he was going to get a shot at the belt before GSP. Then GSP took Kos and took the fight against Hughes showed why he is considered great and negated that. but that was what I was trying to say was IMO he needs another victory over a contender to be given that shot at the title. Im not trying to say hes not good, anyone that can string 14 straight wins with half of them in the UFC deserves credit for what he's done. I would just like to see him fight one more quality guy before he gets a shot thats all. That's just me personally I dont think anyone (who hasnt held a title before) should get a title shot without having two recent quality wins.
    And to the guy who asked if I had seen the Shogun fight, I havent. I missed that PPV. So maybe I shot my mouth off a bit with Forrest. But I also heard that Shogun was in horrible shape and it was a case of Forrest being a better fighter on that night and not necessarily the most talented fighter winning. Everyone has their bad days. But Forrest still beat a guy that was in the top 5 LHWs in the world. So I'll leave it to his fight with Rampage to see whether or not I'm right. If he wins or puts in a good showing I'll give him credit. But I think hes gonna get beat to sleep.

Thread Information