+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Burnett

Default Mike Burnett

Anyone think that Randy Couture will take Mikey under his wing and help him with his comeback? I think Burnett will do good training full time with Randy Couture.
    Last edited by alahyousious; 09-15-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Thumbs down Naw

No, I don't think Randy will take him under his wing.

Mikey seemed too wishy washy when Randy spoke to him after the fight.

But anything could happen, the camera may not have caught everything.

mikey burnett is signing with pride and he is fighting on the las vegas card against some can named wanderlei silva

I kinda felt bad for mikey...with the battles he had outside the ufc and he used to have some heavy hands....it would be cool to see him pull it all together and win some fights

Yeah he looked pretty dangerous back in the day. He just really needs to work on his ground work and submission defense. He did seem very wishy washy....

the dude has been through alot of tough shit, of coarse he's going to seem a little wishy washy, he really needs someone and i hope couture does good and helps him get it back together and get him some confidence, not just in the ring but in life without support from somewhere burnett could wind up going back to the things that took him away from the sport in the first place, and i think its important for people within this sport to recognize situations like burnetts and provide them with some support, let them know that they are apart of a family and have somewhere to turn.

by the way, i missed an episode, was edwin the one kicked off and why?

I meant wishy washy on whether or not he would continue. I think he will be back. At the end when Dana told him not to give up it seemed like it perked him up a bit. Jeremy Jackson got kicked off for leaving the house and going to meet a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z
    I meant wishy washy on whether or not he would continue. I think he will be back. At the end when Dana told him not to give up it seemed like it perked him up a bit. Jeremy Jackson got kicked off for leaving the house and going to meet a girl.

aahhh, what happened to ed? i didnt see him at all in last nights episode, ya i understood what you ment by wishy washy , i just feel like burnet is at a cross roads in his life and i think its important for the mma community to show him some support regardless of his discision

yes a disappointing performance by Mikey, but he hasn't fought in years. if he were to train with Randy, he could get it together! i hope the best for him, and hopefully he'll be in pure game shape come the finale in november.

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Mikey lives in Oklahoma, not sure if he is committed to fighting enough to pack up everything and move to Vegas to train with Randy. Especially when Mikey has bad neck/back injuries to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information