Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you get into MMA?

Default When did you get into MMA?

I am just curious to know when everybody on here got into MMA?

I will start- For me it came in two parts.

My buddies and I would rent the old UFC VHS when they would come out. I stopped watching about the time Vitor Belfort started fighting with the UFC 12.

Fastforward....

My rebirth into real MMA was when I got hooked into TUF season 3 (I think). Ortiz and Shamrock and the first of many ppv's I ordered was UFC 61, Bitter Rivals. I have been hooked ever since.

What about you guys?

well i was a stone cold steve austin fan back in the wwf years but after he left i left also.. and in 2001 i got into jiu jitsu and me and my friends had our own little fight club in his basements, it got so big that once we had about 45 ppl in the basement from wrestlers, footballers and even a few skinny nerds there that wanted to beat the hell out of each other but it got out of hand, we stopped with everything cuz kids would get hurt bad. and me and 2 others joined a jiu jitsu academy and started training, 3 weeks in there and in came Vitor Belfort.. the guy was just a beast and we were all in like stare and drool mode as he trained with our sensei.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Well I did not really watch it back in the day(the Graci days)but my friend did I really liked wrestling(WWE,WCW,ECW)and I still do.I guess I started getting into it around UFC40 Tito vs Shamrock .Now I train and all I try to do is look up MMA stuff

Quote Originally Posted by willpunisher View Post
    well i was a stone cold steve austin fan back in the wwf years but after he left i left also.. and in 2001 i got into jiu jitsu and me and my friends had our own little fight club in his basements, it got so big that once we had about 45 ppl in the basement from wrestlers, footballers and even a few skinny nerds there that wanted to beat the hell out of each other but it got out of hand, we stopped with everything cuz kids would get hurt bad. and me and 2 others joined a jiu jitsu academy and started training, 3 weeks in there and in came Vitor Belfort.. the guy was just a beast and we were all in like stare and drool mode as he trained with our sensei.

A fight club....that is pretty bad ass.

I used to be into it when I was young. I would rent the VHS tapes and had Ken Shamrock's tape and shit. Then I pretty much forgot about it until TUF1 came out. Then I hurried up and bought all of the old dvds and Pride dvds and got myself caught back up.

I was into martial arts when I was younger -earned a brown belt in Karate and Tae Kwon Do. I started watching MMA seriously when Spike started showing UFC fights. I'm hooked now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I used to be into it when I was young. I would rent the VHS tapes and had Ken Shamrock's tape and shit. Then I pretty much forgot about it until TUF1 came out. Then I hurried up and bought all of the old dvds and Pride dvds and got myself caught back up.
    Pretty much the same thing for me. Except I got back in to it right around when Rampage beat Chuck the first time. I remember watching that fight thinking Chuck was going to win.

Ifightforaliving Guest

Default WAYYY back

I went to UFC 4 in tulsa and I was hooked from then on I watched every ufc I could find and I own every UFC and PRide on dvd and even have a few KOC so a long time ago

When I was younger I watched the UFC in its beginning every PPV, then took a break and came back around UFC 40, and watched it here and there, then got religious around 50-55 probably, especially when I started posting here.

UFC 1 was first one I watched but UFC 5 i think it was when Gracie And Shamrock went at it and it was a borefest. Thats when I started watching as a die hard MMA fan
    Go without a coat when it's cold; find out what cold is. Go hungry; keep your existence lean. Wear away the fat, get down to the lean tissue and see what it's all about. The only time you define your character is when you go without. In times of hardship, you find out what you're made of and what you're capable of. If you're never tested, you'll never define you character.

Thread Information