+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you get into MMA?

I live in Denver, so I've been a fan since UFC 1. They are finally coming back after sooo many years. Best UFN card ever too its sweet.

UFC 1-5. Lethal weapon fight scene. - Triangle choke (realizing it was bjj several years later.)

"You want a shot at the title?"
    "Ah dinner, the perfect break between work and drunk."- Homer Simpson

I use to rent the UFC on VHS when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure the first event I watched was UFC 5. After I hit my teens I would watch an event here and there. I really got hooked when I watch UFC 47 with AA destroying Cabbage. I know the big fight on that card was Liddell and Tito but I just watched that fight and seeing a guy that big move that well and just destroy someone was impressive to see.
    Last edited by Legend; 02-11-2008 at 07:48 AM.

After watching Big Nog armbar CroCop. That's when I started training and really follow it. I had watched the old UFC with Royce but I wasn't that impressed tbh.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

I started to watch around UFC 2 or 3, but lost intrest around 12, and started watching again when Tito and Shamrock fought for the first time.

I had seen fights of Royce Gracie in his day when it was just about anything goes, and no time limit. Although I liked the concept, I found what I saw to be very boring. I just remember watching someone on top of another guy for what seemed like hours with very little going on.

Later on, I saw fights of Ken Shamrock, which drew up some more interest, but I can't say I got hooked then.

I would say that it was Matt Hughes who got me hooked initially. I was very impressed with how dominant and over powering he was. I started watching fairly regularly. Then I saw him go against GSP for the 2nd time. As impressed as I was with Hughes, I was blown away by GSP. I didn't think Hughes could be dominated like that. And GSP being from my home town was icing on the cake!

I first got into it when i was watching a vhs with my friend of either ufc 4 or ufc 6.

It was Tank vs John Matua,one of the sickest knockouts of all time. Ever since then Ive been into MMA.

WAR Stamos!
    Who the fuck is Shogun???

I used to rent the UFC video's from a little shop in town (they were the only ones who had it) and also another organization's vale-tudo style tapes (i can't remember which)

I sorta lost interest because the release dates of the video's were so far between (mind you I was about 13 or so at the time)

About 3 or 4 years later when I got into wrestling in high school we'd watch (taped) UFC events after practice and whatnot, then we'd also have submission matches b/c we thought we were good, LOL

Then went away to college where I followed just the results but never really watched a lot because none of the bars in the areas showed the PPV's, but I got back into it heavily in that last 3 years or so

now I rarely miss any event, UFC or otherwise, thanks to the internet

i got into it the first TUF season. Didnt really watch the show that much but after watching the finale with Forest and Bonnar and seeing ken shamrck and rich franklin i was hooked... This is kind of funny cause i was just poking around the ufc site and noticed that they removed that rich and ken even fought. look at both of their records and both of them dont have each other listed. thought this was kind of wierd

I got into it back when it was still a tournament style, with Gracie, Tank, ect... I got away from it for a while but got back into it when Chuck beat up on Tito. Man that old tournament style must of been brutal. I remember one of the first ones when it got to the finals and one guy couldn't continue. So instead of awarding the win to the other guy, they brought in a fresh alternate and he ended up winning it. That sucks!
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/BruinsBear-HatersGonnaHate.gif target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sGonnaHate.gif</a>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information