Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whose the #1 contender for the UFC Heavyweight Champion?

The true contender is AA but he's been sidelined (mainly due to contractual issues I think)... they've said that Werdum is the new contender (bullshit) and now I'm hearing rumors about Mir... I don't know, I'd like to see Nog/Werdum 2 because the first kicked ass! Nog/Mir has the makings of a real war so that would be great too but the fight I really want to see is Nog/AA! Well... if AA has gotten his head out of la-la land that is

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Werdum definitely gets the next shot, cause Dana already called it. AA could get a shot at it if he stays in the UFC, but I think he's leaving. That whole situation just smells really bad. Dana's gonna fuck around get too cocky and start losing some fighters. I hope not but we'll see. Kongo's up and coming. If he beats Herring in March he might get a title shot but I think he's still a fight away after he fights Herring. Gonzaga's a mess, Vera wont be under consideration for awhile and Mir could get his shot but I think he's the dark horse in this bunch. He'll need atleast one more high profile win to get a shot but that wont be until Nog defends against someone else first. My guess is he would have definitely had the shot after Werdum if Timmy would of won.

AA should clearly be getting the title shot next. He beat Fabrico who is getting the next title shot. Tim should fight Mir since thats who he has been wanting to fight for a long time. If Kongo wins and AA is staying they should fight for the numbrer 1 contendership. Vera and Cro Cop should fight each other.

i wouldnt be surprised if when/if AA resigns he gets the next shot even though dana said werdum. i mean he cant say AA w/o a contract extension.
    2-1 sig bets.

verdum is #1 contender
    arlovski should be after that he wins and resigns
    kongo is hot
    mir is getting hot
    gonzaga should be in the back of the line now after two striaght losses

Quote Originally Posted by VersatileStriker View Post
    What is all this talk about Kongo? Who has he beaten besidens Cro-Cop? I think we can all agree that win shouldn't carry as much weight because that is not the Cro-Cop we know that was a mere shadow of the Pride Cro-Cop. It wasn't the Kongo was that good is Mirko was that bad
    I agree completely the win over CroCOp shouldn't carry too much weight. So why do you have Gonzaga on your list? The only big win he has is over Cropcop and he's lost two in a row.

The true #1 contender is AA.

WAR Stamos!
    Who the fuck is Shogun???

Quote Originally Posted by mcdev88 View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised if when/if AA resigns he gets the next shot even though dana said werdum. i mean he cant say AA w/o a contract extension.
    i think it'll still be Werdum, because if he were to win it would set up a rematch (which the UFC loves) between Werdum and AA

do you think they really want to do an AA werdum rematch this quickly?
    2-1 sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
    Your on fucking drugs if you think Mir should get a shot.So what if he never lost the belt he is not the same fighter and I think he would not have been champ that long
    I don't buy your logic. I'm on drugs but I don't think Mir should get the shot yet. I gotta get some better/more drugs I guess.

Thread Information