+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest News On UFC Game!

Default ufc video game debut during 84

Big News On UFC's Upcoming Videogame
    Posted in: News on Feb 8, 2008 - 12:55:56 PM

During THQ's financial conference call, company execs stated that the first reveal of their upcoming game based on the UFC mixed martial arts sports franchise will be made on Memorial Day weekend, during a big UFC pay-per-view event.

This would be the UFC 84 PPV event

can't wait to see the full thing and find out a release date
    Fav Fighters: (in no order, except Rampage #1) Rampage, Evan Tanner, BAS RUTTEN, Randy Couture, Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, FEDOR, Josh Barnett, Aleksander Emelianenko, Frank Mir, Heath Herring, CroCop, GSP, Dennis Kang, Trigg, Tito, WANDY, SHOGUN, Vitor, Karo, Big Nog, Hendo, Serra, Rico Rodriguez, Baroni, Gomi, Krazy Horse, AA, Roger Huerta
    Least Fav Fighters: Matt Hughs, TIMAH, Diego Sanchez,
    Kos, the Shamrocks, Mac Danzig, Michael Bisping, the Diaz brothers, and Team Hammerhouse

sweet, Ive been looking forward to this game for a while now

I'm not sure I understand though, is the whole game supposed to be done by memorial day weekend?
    Created by SandyWH

Nah, they are just going to officially announce it then.

I hope the game is good. You'd think that since the UFC appeals to young males and young males play video games that if it was any good it would sell big. If they make it multiplayer and it plays well it could be the fighting game of choice for people very easily.
    Consistency is the defense of a small mind

about damn time

I've played one UFC video game, before I was really into MMA, and I'd have to say it was pretty hard. In all honesty I hope they dumb it down some.

It should be good. Remember the old game for ps2, that game sucked.

Like I said in earlier discussions: if this game plays like the Pride FC game (THE best MMA game to date) with a better physics, more options and an effective career/story mode then it will kick ass, but if it plays like UFC: Sudden Impact (the best UFC game to date) with the lame categories, awkward controls and GOD AWFUL career mode then it will suck balls regardless of whether they fix the physics. Belive it or not I'm still playing the Pride game and me and my buddies are seriously hoping that THQ builds upon that game to deliver a real monster... the main issue though is whether or not they will make in an annual franchise! If they do we can expect some major suckage in the way of the WWE games :\

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

THQ is doing it, so it will run like the PRIDE game and some of the WWE games, which is good.

I expect this game to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    THQ is doing it, so it will run like the PRIDE game and some of the WWE games, which is good.

I expect this game to be a winner.
    Yeah if THQ can pull it off they'll be my heroes! But they'll have to keep the tournament mode as that is the ultimate MMA-fan party game

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

hell yeah i cant wait for this I've been waiting for this for awhile and I think it will be great.I think the key to making it good is to make it complex,sort of like the raw vs smackdown series.The full set of controls on the feet,maybe adapt the exact controls for fight night then hold down R1 or L1 to go to the kick controls.the ground is going to be a monster all its own.hopefully they will be similar to raw vs smackdown with a direction and a button doing a move,accept these moves being done from guard half guard,mountand side mount.of course options to improve youe position on the ground.And submission escapes i imagine will have to be just like raw vs smackdown with a button mashing to escape the sub or even the thing where you have land the marker on a certain spot as it goes to side to side,with each fighters skill set there will determine how fast the marker goes and how big the spot in which they must escape is....and they better fucking have Leben lol.

Chris Leben highlight video...it's EPIC! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhTP1RV43g

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information