Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Back Down

Default Never Back Down

Watching EliteXC last night i couldn't help but notice the multiple plugs/advertising for this movie. Personally i do not think this movie can do any good for MMA as a whole. From the previews it seems that they are glorifying the sport into backyard fights with no rules( i think in the trailer one dude gets a kick to the face while on his hands and knees), and that the last thing that MMA needs. you are going to get a bunch of high school/college kids to watch this movie and be like hey why don't we do something like that in our back yard and all its going to do is end up with bad publicity for the MMA world. What is everyone else's thoughts on the movie? Good or Bad for MMA?

Never back down=never good for anyone.

Fuck this movie and everyone involved with it, also theres a thread on this already in another section of the forums. Go look for it and ask your questions there.

Ifightforaliving Guest

Default Bad Bad Bad!

This movie will only hurt MMA I see something like the backlash after fight club came out where kids were all starting these underground no rules fights. Fuck you to all those who made this black eye to MMA

Its just a movie,so no it wont have any affect on MMA.The movie is about underground fighting,the guy just goes to a MMA trainer to learn how to fight.No different then the 9000 other martial arts movies that have come out.

Yeah that movie looks corny, minus the cars from it you just got 2fast2furious with fighting. Is that the mma movies that gettin the hype on the cnbc mma special supposedly?
    [IMG]][/IMG]

the main character looks pretty tough though, i wouldn't fight him, thats for sure

Aside from the black eye this movie might give MMA, it just looks like a piece of shit anyway. Basically a newer version of The Karate Kid mixed with The OC, and a splash of Fight Club. The worst effect it'll have on the world is that it will probably make everyone that watches it dumber. I actually feel somewhat dumber after seeing the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Aside from the black eye this movie might give MMA, it just looks like a piece of shit anyway. Basically a newer version of The Karate Kid mixed with The OC, and a splash of Fight Club. The worst effect it'll have on the world is that it will probably make everyone that watches it dumber. I actually feel somewhat dumber after seeing the preview.
    I don't know if you made the OC reference intentionally, but the "bad" guy in this movie actually was a bad guy in one of the OC seasons....

Yeah fuck you I used to watch that shit in college. lol
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Not only do I have no desire to see this so called MMA movie which is a mix of Fast and the Furious, You Got Served, and Stomp the Yard... but to everyone who has asked me if I plan to see it, I stated "No, and neither should you."

It looks like complete garbage.

I have much more faith in the movie with Couture and Tim Allen lol.. and that is saying a lot.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that I will never see this movie, the shit looks like Bring it on, or stomp the yard
    To answer the question though, it can't have any effect on MMA if nobody watches it. lol

Thread Information