Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WFA:King of the streets !!

D1ULuv2Hate Guest

Default WFA:King of the streets !!

What do ya'll think of the fight card ?? And your predictions please ?? Oh yeah is anyone attending ??

Rampage beats The Law.
    Rutten beats Kimo.
    Vernon White wins.
    Miller beats Sincaid.

Cool card, but easy to predict.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

if you have vernon white beating lyoto your on something

Rampage
    Ricco
    lyoto
    salaverry
    Bas
    McCullough
    Mayhem
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

I'm not on anything too serious, never seen Lyoto fight but I looked at his record on Sherdog... It didn't scream "This dude is going to whip Vernon White's ass!" to me.

Yeah, I forgot Ricco and Salavrry, to add to the obvious winners of the night.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

Not saying that Lyoto would be guaranteed a victory over Vernon. But Lyoto has already beat Rich Franklin who is a far superior fighter to Tiger White.

Vernon white is just big talk and an on/off fighter at best

Lyoto > Vernon

Tiger's the real deal, just fights too much and is probably past his prime.

I got:

Rampage over Lindland

By no means a lock though, I actually kind of expect an upset here but don't want it to happen and don't technically predict it to happen. So I'll go with Rampage by TKO. They allow elbows in the WFA right? I know IFL doesn't.

Bas over Kimo

Another fight that isn't a lock. I mean technically it is because the Bas we remember could beat the Kimo of today, but is he still the Bas we remember? He's 41 now, he hasn't fought in like 6-7 years. The last time he fought the sport wasn't totally mixed-martial arts yet. It was still KIND of martial art vs. martial art. People were cross-training, but we didn't have anything close to a Fedor or a GSP or anyone like that running around. And Bas is notorious for having shitty wrestling. He's got good submission skills, but striking is where it's at for him. If he can avoid the takedowns, he should win by KO. If he can't, he could win a decision Bas vs. Randleman style if he's busy enough underneath, but Kimo is way bigger than him, way stronger than him, and if he's able to take Bas down without trouble could win a boring decision. I still got Bas though, and I hope he wins and looks impressive doing so because I want to see him continue fighting!

Waterman over Rodriguez

Another non-lock. Rodriguez could win, but christ the picture of him on the WFA website is very sad. He's completely out of shape, he lost to a complete nobody recently. He hasn't looked good physically or actively in fighting. Waterman is always able to get takedowns and bore his way to a decision, plus he's got underrated submissions. Ricco's a lot better at subs though so I don't see a submission from Waterman here. Probably some GnP. Whether it's busy and effective enough to finish the fight I'm not sure, but I'm going with Waterman by decision.

Lyoto over Tiger

I've only seen the Franklin KO from Lyoto and some of the BJ Penn fight. So even though on paper Lyoto has the bigger name value and stock right now I won't say what seems to be a safe bet which is Lyoto is a lock to win this one. I can't say that because I don't know. I'm not much of a stat freak, but for those who are Lyoto is your guy. The best stats of a fighter no one has seen in the game today! Is that enough to beat Tiger, I don't know. The end result doesn't always tell the story on the fighter. But I haven't seen anything from Tiger recently while Lyoto has been making waves, so I'll make a blind pick and say Lyoto by knockout.

Mayhem over Sincaid

A lock. Mayhem submits him with ease unless he wants to kickbox a little. Either way, Mayhem wins inside the distance without any trouble.

Salaverry over Santore

Another lock. Salaverry also by submission with relative ease.

McCullough, McKee, and Oliveira are also on the card but I don't know who they're fighting yet so can't do predictions for them obviously.

Again, I gotta say what an awesome card this is. Can't wait. I got a poll on the main page of MMANews.com asking fans to pick the show they're most anticipating. Everyone make sure to take a second and go vote on it. The options are:

UFC 61, PRIDE Bushido 11, PRIDE OWGP Round 2, WFA "King of the Streets", IFL Championship (tomorrow's taping), Strikeforce 2, and the ever-popular "other"

Go here to vote on the poll: http://www.mmanews.com
    Last edited by Matt Boone; 06-02-2006 at 11:11 PM.

he has a problem actually buying his hype at times. he really thinks he'll outstrike the striker and outgrapple th grappler. and for the record Eastman whooped his ass and they just handed Vernon the match

Rampage
    Bas
    Ricco
    Salaverry
    Lyoto
    Mayhem
    And, whoever he fights, i'm pretty sure Razor will win

Thread Information