Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NHL trade deadline fast approaching

I don't think Esposito has improved in like 2 years, he may be good in the future but he has to get stronger

Armstrong is solid, but is easily forgotton about when Hossa dangles a few defenseman

Good moves by PIT IMO, as long as some of their 3 - 4 liners can come through
    Last edited by Gmunit; 02-26-2008 at 03:20 PM.

I just hope to god we sign him to an extension. That is my biggest concern. If not, we paid a fuck load for a rent a player
    Favorite Fighters: Randy, Nog , Monson, Thiago Silva,
    Rampage, Lyoto Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Wand, Rich Franklin, GSP, Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, Houston Alexander, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Brandon Vera

"He's like a ballet of violence"--Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyDaBear View Post
    I just hope to god we sign him to an extension. That is my biggest concern. If not, we paid a fuck load for a rent a player
    a lot of big contracts in Pittsburg now though

Gill - 4 mill

Hossa - 8 mill

Malkin - up for ext. after 09

the 'guins are lucky Staal is playing like shit, maybe he'll re-sign cheap (after next year)

Quote Originally Posted by Gmunit View Post
    a lot of big contracts in Pittsburg now though

Gill - 4 mill

Hossa - 8 mill

Malkin - up for ext. after 09

the 'guins are lucky Staal is playing like shit, maybe he'll re-sign cheap (after next year)
    What is the cap at right now? I've been reading they're expecting it to go up to 54 million next season. This could only help the Pens.... I work in downtown Pittsburgh and my building was pretty lively today post-trade.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

I believe the cap is at 50.3 or 50.4........

The Pens sure made out all right today...still not convinced they have the goaltending to win over the long haul, but they do look good now.
    Dallas and San Jose improved immensly too.
    Man the west is looking tough......Detroit, Aheheim, San Jose, Dallas, now Colorado....wow!

And I second that to "Fuck the Leafs"!!!!!

I think Lapointe to Ottawa may be a very underated trade....I know he is passed his prime, but come playoff time, if he can get back anywhere close to his old form, he will be a force for the Sens.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I believe the cap is at 50.3 or 50.4........

The Pens sure made out all right today...still not convinced they have the goaltending to win over the long haul, but they do look good now.
    Dallas and Syyt is looking tough......Detroit, Aheheim, San Jose, Dallas, now Colorado....wow!

And I second that to "Fuck the Leafs"!!!!!

I think Lapointe to Ottawa may be a very underated trade....I know he is passed his prime, but come playoff time, if he can get back anywhere close to his old form, he will be a force for the Sens.
    I agree pens dont have the goalie to win the cup.. or the defense to give the goalie an easier time. Right now I think both Dallas and San Jose are the teams to beat. My question to you guys is which teams had the best and worst deadline.
    Worst: Montreal. They gave away Huet a quality starting goaltender for practically nothing.
    Best: Colorado. Mainly because they scored Forsberg without giving shit up. Even he should be able to stay healthy for the rest of the year. Adam Foote was nice pickup. They have proven winners.
    Washington did great to. Huet was an awesome pickup for nothing. Fedorov will be awesome to see playing with Ovechkin. They also took one of my favorite players from my team ( Cooke from Van). I don't know enough about Pettinger to comment on that deal other then it sucks.

I think with Huet, Montreal was afraid of losing him for nothing as a free agent in the summer. I guess the figured lets get whatever we can for him.
    And lets face it, the Habs going into the playoffs with a rookie goalie, isn't exactly a negative for them in the past...........Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy.....pretty good results there....

Actually, after hearing that Huet was traded.....I was VERY suprised Ottawa didn't make a pitch for him...or maybe they did, but the Habs wouldn't trade him to a divisional team.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Hossa got hurt last night....sprained MCL I think....I'm hearing 1-2 weeks....sucks for Pittsburgh!

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    Hossa got hurt last night....sprained MCL I think....I'm hearing 1-2 weeks....sucks for Pittsburgh!

yeah it's pretty fucked up. We looked awful and had no chemistry and now he goes down for at least a week. Hopefully him and Sid return at the same time
    Favorite Fighters: Randy, Nog , Monson, Thiago Silva,
    Rampage, Lyoto Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Wand, Rich Franklin, GSP, Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, Houston Alexander, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Brandon Vera

"He's like a ballet of violence"--Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyDaBear View Post
    yeah it's pretty fucked up. We looked awful and had no chemistry and now he goes down for at least a week. Hopefully him and Sid return at the same time
    Therrien is a stupid coach. He always has been.

Pittsburgh got Hossa to play with Crosby, who is obviously out.

Malkin, Malone and Sykora have been the best line in hockey the last 15 games.

So what does Michel (pronounced Michelle) do?

Breaks the line up and puts Sidney Crosby's new linemate out their for no apparent reason. He changed it up later, but he fucked up the chemistry of the team off the hop.

He was just as dumb in Montreal. Benching his best players, with no apparent reason other than just to show that he wasn't afraid to bench his best players.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

Thread Information