Thread: Report: Favre to announce retirement!

Default Report: Favre to announce retirement!

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- Three-time MVP Brett Favre will retire after 17 seasons, according to reports.

FoxSports.com reported that Favre informed the Packers of his decision within the last few days.

Favre, 38, ends his career as the NFL's all-time leader in touchdown passes, completions, passing yards and victories for a quarterback. He won two Super Bowls with the Packers.
    SI.com - NFL - Reports: Favre to retire after 17 seasons - Tuesday March 4, 2008 10:02AM

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

sucks, even though i don't think he will stay retired. He says he will, but he was a few plays away from the Super Bowl last year?...i don't see how you walk away from that when you want to win as bad as Favre does....who knows, if he is done...thanks for the memories brett
    Favorite Fighters: Randy, Nog , Monson, Thiago Silva,
    Rampage, Lyoto Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Wand, Rich Franklin, GSP, Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, Houston Alexander, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Brandon Vera

"He's like a ballet of violence"--Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva

I'm shocked, I thought he'd come back for at least one more season. Bob Papa mentioned on the radio that he actually told the Packers the other night soon after Moss signed the Pats deal. I think there is correlation here, remember Brett wanted the Pack to trade for Moss when he was in Oakland.

Conspiracy theory - Does anyone know for sure if Brett filed his paperwork with the league... Junior Seau did it.

EDIT**** just saw this posted

Credit - ProFootBallTalk.com
    ProFootballTalk.com

FAVRE SITUATION SUDDENLY GETS WEIRD
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2008, 11:55 a.m.

As it turns out, that dark cloud in Wisconsin could quickly become a storm.

Brett Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Favre wanted to play another year, but that he felt like the Packers didn’t want him.

Uh-oh.

“I know he wants to play one more year,” Cook said. “I do not know much conversation there was and I don’t think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don’t know that anyone tried to talk him out of it.”

Uh-oh.

“I think he wanted to play,” Cook said. ” I think he’s still got it. He knows he’s still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don’t know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That’s just the feeling I got.”

Uh-oh.

Asked whether Favre could be talked into returning, Cook said, “I don’t know.”

Well, maybe the media speculation that the guy who brought Favre to Green Bay, former G.M. Ron Wolf, might be whispering to Bill Parcells about trying to get Favre to Miami is more accurate than we initially thought. Because if Favre wants to play another year and if it’s not with the Packers, then maybe it will be elsewhere.

But if Favre doesn’t play for the Packers in 2008, either because he’s playing for someone else or not playing at all, we think that there could be an enormous backlash against the team. Specifically, G.M. Ted Thompson could find himself in the crosshairs of the fans’ criticism.

Never mind the fact that Thompson has done an excellent job; the perception that he ran off Brett Favre could be the quickest ticket out of town for Thompson.

If, in the end, Thompson gets saddled with the brunt of the blame for Favre’s departure, the pressure on Thompson to leave, too, will be tremendous. And, as a practical matter, it will put him on an incredibly short leash if the team falters in 2008.
    Last edited by eazye76; 03-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.

A legend riding off into the sunset? we shall see i guess. i think seeing brett favre in a dolphins jersey will be weirder then seeing the pope in that leopard skin banana hammock he wore to my pool party last summer but you adjust to it in time

Thread Information