Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marquez/PacMan II

Damn good fight. I wanted J.M to win, but I didn't care who won at the end of that.

Marquez calling out PacMan for another fight and PacMan saying he doesn't want to fight him again...awesome. Hope these two go at it again.
    Last edited by JoeKickAss; 03-16-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Favorite Fighters- Mirko, Fedor, Couture, GSP, Hendo, Shogun, Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Barnett
    They're all bad mofos, but they aint me.

Great fight, I thought Marquez won the twelfth, and at least a draw.

that was bullshit Marquez won that fight

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

They deserve final rematch.

Pacquiao's moving up to lightweight for the moment to fight David Diaz for his WBC Lightweight title. He may come back down to rematch Marquez some other time if the money's right, but I'm pretty sure Bob Arum isn't exactly chomping at the bit to see Marquez again. The guy just matches up well with Pacquiao and probably always will until Marquez finally begins to look faded.

I wouldn't mind a third fight, but if Pacquiao follows up a potential win over Diaz by fighting Nate Campbell, I'm good.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

PACMAN! who's next?
    [IMG]][/IMG]

Some other Filipino Veteran Boxing Analyst admitted that this is not convincing win for Manny.

From Fightnews.com

Golden Boy Promotions, CEO Richard Schaefer and Top Rank president, Bob Arum got into a highly volatile debate at last night’s post fight press conference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Schaefer: “I find it hard to believe that a judge was changed in the week leading up to the fight. That same judge scored the fight 114-113 for Pacquiao. There is no fight fan in the world that doesn’t want to see this again. We can all agree that there was controversy.”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arum: “As a promoter it would be silly to do an immediate rematch after another just happened. It does not allow you to maximize the revenue. You have to let the cake bake in the oven before it is ready to be served.”
    Arum: “I don’t feel comfortable for the title to be given out by a magazine, especially if I don’t have a part of ownership of the magazine.”
    Schaefer: ““Obviously Bob Arum is a more experienced promoter than I am so I am willing to buy out Pacquiao for six million dollars right now because this is the fight that the fans want. Coincidentally Marquez asked Pacquiao asked for a rematch inside the ring and Pacman immediately said no.”

champion Manny Pacquiao said he's moving onto other fights. "This business is over," he said definitively. Pacman will likely move into a showdown with WBC lightweight champion David Diaz on June 28th.

He wants no more of that. Of course Manny knows if he waits a couple more years Marquez will be getting old.

as much as i love the pacman, i had to call it a draw or even for marquez.. such a good fight tho..

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

Thread Information