Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the Users of MMANews.com

Default Question for the Users of MMANews.com

So i just seen that legend, a long time member of these forums is biting the dust. This isnt the first time someone longstanding here has left. THey tend to say things changed and thats why they are leaving so im curious as to what is changing that people arnt liking. I want to hear what you guys all think. Dont turn this into a bash thread. Give you opinion. If someone doesnt like said persons opinion keep it to yourself. I want to know what the problems are.
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

i dont know if anyone has noticed,but i dont come here much myself anymore and i used to pretty much live here.

for me the place just has a different feel,way to much drama,and seems to have gotten more serious than it used to, meaning some dont like to joke around,or take everything out of context.i remember awhile back you could joke around and noone took it serious.it just isnt the light hearted place i remember when i spent so much time here before.i will still pop in like i do now but i hardly ever post anymore.

I've noticed a change, the forum isn't as interesting as it used to be. The conversation used to be more "out of the box", now it just feels a little more dull. It's probably nobody's fault though, I attribute it to the fact that Pride is gone. when Pride was bought out the stuff to talk about was literally cut in half. It would be like if this was a pro football forum and half the teams in the NFL just disappeared. I just don't think there's anywhere near as much stuff to talk about as there was a year ago.
    That's how I see things, but I enjoy the forum and will continue to visit on a regular basis... until I get sick and freakin' tired of all the Fedor/Randy stuff...j/k

It's just that some of us long time members like myself or Legend for instance came on these boards when it was a small and calm community. I think it just grew so damn fast and in came a lot of idiots and a lot to keep up with. Me personally??.... I just flat out ignore a lot of these things so that I can keep my sanity.

Then again some people need to chill out with the finger pointing and getting butt hurt over the smallest and stupidest things. I mean I do not see how some of these people make it through life with the cruel world it is when they get all bent out of shape about nothing on these boards. This whole throwing up the "racist" card frequently on these boards has gotten ridiculous as well. As if these same people dont watch movies or stand up comedy ... gimme a frickin break! Then as a result of things such as this it makes the Admins/Mods step in and then they sometimes come off as having a power trip and then more arguments start because people have a problem with others telling them what to do.

Wow what a cluster fuck! lol You see why I try to ignore that kind of stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda View Post
    It's just that some of us long time members like myself or Legend for instance came on these boards when it was a small and calm community. I think it just grew so damn fast and in came a lot of idiots and a lot to keep up with. Me personally??.... I just flat out ignore a lot of these things so that I can keep my sanity.

Then again some people need to chill out with the finger pointing and getting butt hurt over the smallest and stupidest things. I mean I do not see how some of these people make it through life with the cruel world it is when they get all bent out of shape about nothing on these boards. This whole throwing up the "racist" card frequently on these boards has gotten ridiculous as well. As if these same people dont watch movies or stand up comedy ... gimme a frickin break! Then as a result of things such as this it makes the Admins/Mods step in and then they sometimes come off as having a power trip and then more arguments start because people have a problem with others telling them what to do.

Wow what a cluster fuck! lol You see why I try to ignore that kind of stuff??
    Agreed.

Alot of times it is users that prefer a smaller enviroment. Our forums have been growing fast, so with more posters you lose a bit of the community feel and need to have more rules to keep everyone in line. Some people simply don't like that enviroment.

I also agree that some people get all sorts of pissed off about silly things which only causes drama.

TriangleChoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2mcgrath View Post
    i dont know if anyone has noticed,but i dont come here much myself anymore and i used to pretty much live here.

for me the place just has a different feel,way to much drama,and seems to have gotten more serious than it used to, meaning some dont like to joke around,or take everything out of context.i remember awhile back you could joke around and noone took it serious.it just isnt the light hearted place i remember when i spent so much time here before.i will still pop in like i do now but i hardly ever post anymore.
    i agree with this. Place was a lot smaller when I joined too. I even find myself skipping over people's post who have rep less than a certain number or havent been here for very long. It's nothing personal, i'm just used to how mmanews was back in the day when I didnt have to scroll through 4 pages of nonsense to have a discussion in a thread

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleChoke View Post
    i agree with this. Place was a lot smaller when I joined too. I even find myself skipping over people's post who have rep less than a certain number or havent been here for very long. It's nothing personal, i'm just used to how mmanews was back in the day when I didnt have to scroll through 4 pages of nonsense to have a discussion in a thread
    i can understand this, BUT is it really Rep?? or is it Sigs, Avs and Handles that draw your attention??

I haven't been here as long as some of the old vets but its been a little over a year now and i too have noticed some of the same changes that people have mentioned. 2mcgrath and triangle pretty much sum up my thoughts and SD dotted the i's and crossed the t's. its rough to read through a thread w/ 35 replies and at the end you feel like you wasted your time because all of the responses were just ignorant or starting some sort of flame war. at the same time though i realize that w/ growth comes change and some of the problem i've noticed is that some dont wanna accept the change. i wish we could just ban all the morons that waste all of our time making us read dumbass posts but there isnt a damn thing i can do about it so i too tend to skip over selected posts. its like selective reading on my part. I try to read all the post but sometimes i cant help but skip a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchbacked Lemur View Post
    I haven't been here as long as some of the old vets but its been a little over a year now and i too have noticed some of the same changes that people have mentioned. 2mcgrath and triangle pretty much sum up my thoughts and SD dotted the i's and crossed the t's. its rough to read through a thread w/ 35 replies and at the end you feel like you wasted your time because all of the responses were just ignorant or starting some sort of flame war. at the same time though i realize that w/ growth comes change and some of the problem i've noticed is that some dont wanna accept the change. i wish we could just ban all the morons that waste all of our time making us read dumbass posts but there isnt a damn thing i can do about it so i too tend to skip over selected posts. its like selective reading on my part. I try to read all the post but sometimes i cant help but skip a few.
    Everyone also keep in mind that if you see any posts that should be dealt with, click on the flag in the corner of the post and it will create a thread in the mod section letting us know. Then we can either move/delete/close the thread or we can warn/reprimand the user.

I've been coming to this site for as long as some of the veterans here....although I have like 1/1000 the amount of posts as some.

Personally I think many of the problems here have come as a result of the rep system. I understand that the system is there to protect anyone from accessing copyright material and to increase contributions, but a lot of the time it seems to backfire. Honestly, I could less about accessing "privileged" forums....all the rep seems to do is induce dumbass newbies, who don't have to brains to seach google for mma videos, into posting crap to raise their rep. You've got them sucking up to veteran posters, begging, and bent out of shape over nothing. Its not just newbies either, I've read a ton of fights where long time posters get bent out of shape/bully over rep issues. Fuck even mods get pissed about being negged sometimes and some have even been domoted over issues related to the rep system.

Maybe just limiting the users that can post in the main forum will help out...put a post count limit on it or something before you can post. Say for example 100 posts before you can post in the main forum.....and then if the mods still feel that they're posting crap, send them back to noob jack till they reach 200 or something.

But anyways, what do I know....I don't have any rep haha. Feel free to tell me to STFU or neg me to hell....i'll try and hold in the tears

Thread Information