Thread: Floyd causes Forbes to fire Roger Mayweather

Default Floyd causes Forbes to fire Roger Mayweather

Another update from fightnews.com

Bombshell: Floyd rips Roger!
    Undefeated five-division world champion Mayweather dropped a bombshell during his international media conference call advancing his upcoming WrestleMania 24 match against the seven-foot, 441-pound Big Show. Mayweather (39-0, 25 KOs), stated that he was disappointed in his trainer/uncle Roger Mayweather for accepting the head trainer position for Steve Forbes, who will be fighting Oscar De La Hoya in May. "I asked Roger not to train Forbes," said Mayweather. "If Forbes beats Oscar De La Hoya, then money is being taken out of my pocket...I fully disapprove...if it happens, I'm going to have to move on and get another trainer."
    Thursday, March 20 2008

NEWS FLASH
    Forbes axes Roger!
    Former world champion Steve Forbes has replaced trainer Roger Mayweather. Forbes hired Roger's brother Jeff Mayweather as his trainer for his big May 3 HBO fight against Oscar De La Hoya after Floyd Mayweather Jr. told reporters he would fire Roger if he tried to help Forbes beat De La Hoya, which would torpedo Floyd's big money rematch against the Golden Boy in September.
    Friday, March 21 2008

Personally I do not think Steve Forbes would beat Oscar even with Rogers help.

What a douchebag move by Floyd. What the hell does he care about whom Steve Forbes uses as a trainer? Where the hell does he get off meddling in another boxer's career, because he's afraid that boxer has a distant shot at supposedly "taking money out of his pocket"? So screwing Forbes out of his best shot at winning against DLH (something I'm actually welcoming, and I'm an Oscar fan) so Mayweather can have his payday is acceptable in his mind? Disgusting. This whole affair disgusts me. And you all know how much I despise Floyd too, but this just yanks my chain even more.

Mayweather is due some bad karma sometime soon. I hope he doesn't get the DLH rematch and that Cotto shames him into accepting a fight with him instead. I hope Big Show botches a choke slam and puts Floyd out of commission. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Oscar lose to Forbes, or at least get hurt or cut bad enough to keep him out of action 'till after September.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

oh well if I were floyd I'd do the same thing. If Roger trains Steve to beat Floyd than Floyd makes millions less

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

Floyd is all about the $. How is this suprising?

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

Quote Originally Posted by pa99fighter View Post
    oh well if I were floyd I'd do the same thing. If Roger trains Steve to beat Floyd than Floyd makes millions less
    Agreed, but I don't think any trainer could help Forbes won this fight so I think it's just Floyd rinning his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145 View Post
    Agreed, but I don't think any trainer could help Forbes won this fight so I think it's just Floyd rinning his mouth.
    agreed. also i responded to say.. man.. i just got totally distracted by your sig and it was like i was being hypnotized ahahah!

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145 View Post
    I agree completely, I dont think Forbes can beat Oscar on any day with any trainer. I meant the guy has 9 knockouts in his career. I just think Oscar will have to run him down and hurt him.

It seems that Floyd really wants to run everybody in his life, and if they are going to do somethng he doesnt like, then he throws a fit.

I wish he had even a small amount of the spirit that some guys do that makes them want to stand and bang a little. I guess that would be real stupid since he is so good at what he does, but it would be a lot more fun to watch.

Thread Information