Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a great night of fights!!!

Punk Ass Guest

Default What a great night of fights!!!

The first fight with Librado Andrade vs. Robert Stieglitz was a crazy slug fest, but Joel Casamayor KOing Katsidis was simply amazing. Katsidis has a lot of heart and my hat comes off to him but Joel showed why he's one of the greats.

Edit: I think Casamayor needs to retire though, you can clearly see he's not as fast as he used to be, but he still has that pop.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145 View Post
    The first fight with Librado Andrade vs. Robert Stieglitz was a crazy slug fest, but Joel Casamayor KOing Katsidis was simply amazing. Katsidis has a lot of heart and my hat comes off to him but Joel showed why he's one of the greats.

Edit: I think Casamayor needs to retire though, you can clearly see he's not as fast as he used to be, but he still has that pop.
    I think Joel should have lost a point or been dqed in the first round for hitting Katsidis while on the ground.

Also i think the stoppage was bullshit. Although the knock down in the 10th was beautiful, still a bad stoppage imo.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    I think Joel should have lost a point or been dqed in the first round for hitting Katsidis while on the ground.

Also i think the stoppage was bullshit. Although the knock down in the 10th was beautiful, still a bad stoppage imo.
    It was kjinda quick but Katsidis was finished. After he got up Joel threw a crazy flurry that IMO Katsidis wouldn't have survived. Not only that but since so many fighters as of late have been dying or getting brain damage refs seem to be stopping fights a lil prematurely. And Katsidis didn't dispute so that usually means it was a good stoppage.

edit: And the ref can't stop such an important fight because of an accidental punch on the ground. That happens a lot in boxing in the heat of the moment...I take it you wanted to see Katsidis win? lol

Katsidis was finished. It makes no difference if the ref let that go on. He was hurt and maybe would have been really hurt if he had taken a lot more.

No way Casamayor shoulda been DQd but maybe they coulda taken a point. It would not have mattered because he slobberknocked Katsidis anyway.

A great night of fights on HBO. Boxing has been very good in 2008, except fot Klitschko/Ibragimaov.

Anyone see the Friday Night Fights main event with Andy Lee and Brian Vera from The Contender? Pretty entertaining fight.

Katsidis should have stayed kneeled/down a little bit longer. NEVER understood this quick-to-get-up mentality some boxers have. This time it cost him. Don't really blame the ref after having seen the look on Katsidis's face.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145 View Post
    It was kjinda quick but Katsidis was finished. After he got up Joel threw a crazy flurry that IMO Katsidis wouldn't have survived. Not only that but since so many fighters as of late have been dying or getting brain damage refs seem to be stopping fights a lil prematurely. And Katsidis didn't dispute so that usually means it was a good stoppage.

edit: And the ref can't stop such an important fight because of an accidental punch on the ground. That happens a lot in boxing in the heat of the moment...I take it you wanted to see Katsidis win? lol
    I don't really mind Katsidis, not really a fan, but i wanted to see him knock Joel out fucking cold. I can't stand Joel, the guy is a dirty fucking boxer.

That punch to Katsidis while he was down, wasn't in the heat of the moment, that was intentional. Joel knocked him down, Katsidis went to his knees and hands, then Joel hit him. That was just fucking dirty.

Also what the hell, i thought John Ruiz was the only man to hold that much, but tonight Joel held on for dear life.

I was impressed by Joel i will say that. But by no means was i a fan.

I also agree with you Harlem about the refs stopping because of those issues. But i think they need to let them go a little longer sometimes.

Like tonight, i felt it could have went longer. I am not saying in anyway that Katsidis would have won. Shit after that knock down in the 10th i didn't think he was going to get up, but i still think it should have gone on a little longer.

Katsidis lost that fight because of stupidity not because Joel was better. He fucking ran like a retard into that punch, which again was beautiful.

I think Katsidis has a bright future, and would defiantly like to see a rematch down the road before Joel hangs them up.

Either way it was a great fight, but Joel is just a dirty fucker.

LoonY ToonZ Guest

those fights were awesome last night, all action packed and all very competitive, if boxing can get fights like that on mainstream television theyll be just fine. Max Kellerman has cemented his job with HBO imo.

That was a great fight, probably the third best fight of the year so far (all of which happened this month, crazy). Casamayor has to fight Nate Campbell now, there's no other fight at lightweight I want to see more. As for Katsidis....maybe Juan Diaz needs an opponent.....

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvy_Mic View Post
    That was a great fight, probably the third best fight of the year so far (all of which happened this month, crazy). Casamayor has to fight Nate Campbell now, there's no other fight at lightweight I want to see more. As for Katsidis....maybe Juan Diaz needs an opponent.....
    Did you watch Brian Vera vs. Andy Lee on Friday Night Fights? I thought that fight was really entertaining too. Aaron Pryor Jr. was also on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post

It was a questionable stoppage, but like Harlem said, its better to stop it too early than too late. Katsidis was taking some punishment. Damn good fight.
    HENDO

Thread Information