Thread: Miranda/Kessler is OFF

Default Miranda/Kessler is OFF

fightnews.com

Boxing News -- 24 hours/day - Reload often!

Kessler out of Miranda clash!
    Rumors circulating Tuesday about former world champion Mikkel Kessler pulling out of his May 24th fight against Edison "Pantera" Miranda appear to be true. The highly anticipated super middleweight bout was slated to be televised by SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING. No reason was given by the Kessler camp. An official statement is expected from Miranda's promoter Seminole Warriors Promotions.

I didn’t get my hopes up because I know Kessler is afraid of me,” said super middleweight contender Edison Miranda after former champion Mikkel Kessler backed out of their May 24 fight. "We gave him everything he wanted to make this fight and he still wouldn’t take it. In fact, the only thing we didn’t give him is the opportunity to tie my hands around my back while we fought, but at this point I’m willing to even give him that because I know if I yelled ‘boo’ at him in the ring he’d turn and run. I said it before and I’ll say it again – he should be ashamed to call himself a Viking Warrior."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Among the concessions Miranda and his promoter made to Kessler were that the bout would not be held on any Native American owned property, including the Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena in Florida or any other Hard Rock property, and that it wouldn’t even be held anywhere in the state of Florida. Financially, Kessler’s demands kept rising throughout negotiations, but due to a substantial offer by Showtime, all these demands would have been met if the fight came to fruition. Unfortunately, at this point it won’t.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I am outraged by the behavior of the Kessler camp," said Leon Margules, Executive Director of Seminole Warriors Boxing. "We sent them a contract with everything they asked for and then told Showtime we changed things. Please read their written deal point memo sent to us by them. We gave them everything they wanted. Showtime even moved the date form May 10th to May 24th to accommodate them. And then I did not receive the courtesy of a phone call but I had to hear from Showtime the fight was off. It is hard to believe that any person would do business this way. I guess the Kessler is really afraid of Miranda and they are covering for him. They must believe the only place they can win a fight against a real fighter is in Denmark." The search for a high-profile opponent for Miranda continues.

the link at the top has Kesslers Deal Point memo attached

that sucks ! i was really looking forward to this matchup..

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

Me too. I dont know how Kessler is going to explain pulling out. It does look like he got whatever he wanted.

Now Miranda is challenging Lucian Bute to take the fight.

maybe he really is scared? which is sad..

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

I read elsewhere that apparently Kessler is getting a title shot. Considering that Danny Green vacated his WBA light heavyweight title, I get a sneaky feeling that Kessler might move up to 175 to fight for the vacant title in hopes at getting first crack at the Calzaghe/Hopkins winner.

I don't think Kessler is scared of Miranda myself. Remember that Miranda got sonned by Pavlik, who's a less polished, slower version of Kessler. Personally, I think Kessler would have kicked Miranda's ass. Still, it is disappointing. I don't particularly dislike Miranda (even though I don't like his trash talking), but he's fun to watch and is willing to fight absolutely anyone.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Oh, I like Kessler. I just didnt understand the behavior. That would make sense if he was going after a title, but you think he should get another shot at Calzhage right away?

I still wish the fight would happen though, I think it would be pretty exciting.

Im not really a Miranda fan, but I do like to watch him fight. I wish he would not talk so much before a fight also.

I think Kessler has better skills than Miranda.

Do you know if Kessler needs to move up because of weight, or does he just want to for this fight he is hoping to get? He looks pretty big.
    Last edited by Splandman; 03-27-2008 at 05:13 AM.

LoonY ToonZ Guest

gotta give miranda his props, this mother fucker really wants to fight everyone. I would of thought Kessler would put him to school but i guess the thought of mirandas big right hand scared him off.

Thread Information