Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will stop Franklin?

I haven't seen many people say Franklin is overrated. If there is a large group of people with that mindset, I guess keep watching. I don't know what he's got to do to prove how good he is, he's beating every top challenger in dominating fashion. He's exceptional in every area of fighting. He's the man right now until someone proves otherwise.

hes the most complete fighter in the mw division and if that makes you overrated then i dont know what you have to do to not be.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

I don't get the overrated thing either. Franklin is 20-1 with his only loss to Machida who is undefeated with wins over other UFC favorites BJ Penn and Stephan Bonnar. Franklin has beaten every challeneger to his title so far. He beat the crap out of Loiseau, who many had as a very legitimate threat before the fight. He even had Loiseau running from him, which I have never seen Loiseau do against anybody. Franklin isn't unbeatable, but he is definitely worthy of the credit he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    I haven't seen many people say Franklin is overrated. If there is a large group of people with that mindset, I guess keep watching. I don't know what he's got to do to prove how good he is, he's beating every top challenger in dominating fashion. He's exceptional in every area of fighting. He's the man right now until someone proves otherwise.
    dominating fashoin?by beating a tuf guy?By almost getting KOed by Tanner and the crow i wouldn't say that's domianting fashion it's only a matter of time untill we see a new MW champ.

I say Anderson Silva will be the next MW champ, but I think Rich will beat him first and Silva will win the 2nd one.. AA-Silvia style except no luck will be involved, yea im getting a little bit ahead of myself but eh.. who cares.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

he dominated all those fights. Tanner didn't almost KO him, he chin checked him and Franklin got right back up and made Tanner look like the Elephant Manby the end of the fight. I think you are letting your hate for Franklin get in the way of your judgement.

ey im a big Loiseau fan, but Loiseau got dominated and it was painful to watch, even if he had capitalized on that knockdown and won the fight it wouldnt of been in convincing fashion.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I say David Terrel will be the next champ after he gets his revenge on Tanner.

i dont know what fights you were watching if you say he almost go KOed by tanner and the crow. ninjashogun explained most of it, but did you see tanners face after that fight and the crow got fucking destroyed.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

Quote Originally Posted by Kass101
    i dont know what fights you were watching if you say he almost go KOed by tanner and the crow. ninjashogun explained most of it, but did you see tanners face after that fight and the crow got fucking destroyed.
    David knocked him down once throughout the whole fight, the only time he actually gave any offense.. I am throughouly disappointed with that fight, I think David could of a done a whooole lot better even in a losing effort.

Thread Information