+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TUF Episode 1 Discussion

If for no other reason than Rampage, this season should be great. Jackson was fucking hilarious...........when they were warming up in the back before a fight, and Rampage said to the one dude, "Did I say you could hit me?" and then buddy says "sorry man" and Rampage said "I'm just kidding man"
    Well words just doesn't do it justice...that was funny shit!!!!!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog View Post
    I am so far very unimpressed. Very sloppy fighting all around. That Amir Sebdullah guy's fight was horrible. Bad stand up, bad jiu jitsu all around. And what's up with guy's with 0-0 pro records getting on TUF??? A local guy here in VT didn't make the show, and he is like 4-1 and is the Reality Fighting Middleweight champ. It boggles my mind.
    I do agree,

But honestly,with TUF,they arent really looking for records. There were guys of the 32 that were 4-5,2-3,and as you said 0-0-. I think they really just look at more of a personality standpoint when looking for fighters to feature on the show.

Once and a while you'll see a truely deserving guy get on that really paid his dues(Mac Danzig,Forrest,Diaz,Stevenson,ETC) but for the most part they really are looking for crazy fuckers/personalities. Jason Macdonald is a perfect example of the whole personality deal,he tryed out twice for TUF,but was shot down both times(lack of personality)

If they were looking strictly at records,the show wouldnt be half as interesting as it is. Also alot of times some of the guys on there get on because their coaches are coaching that season(ex, Nate Quarry and Leben got on thanks to Couture,as did Jorge Grugel via Rich Franklin,and in this season 2 of Forrests guys are featured,and one of Rampages).

As for Amir,hes pretty sloppy yeah,but what do you expect? Itd be kinda tough to go there,and outta nowhere be put into the cage with a guy you have no clue about having only a day to make weight and prepare. Its not like anyone knew gameplans,or had footage to study. He did decent for his situation,and that was the guys 1st fight.

WAR Stamos!
    Who the fuck is Shogun???

I love the first season so far. All fights were finishes minus the turtle fucking fight. Now that was a classic line of all time. And I love the coaches cams this season. I hope they keep them for every fight. Plus the new format is great with them having to earn their way into the house.

The new format should hopefully result in better fights. The speed of the first episode made it a bit too superficial, IMO. I know the fights are the important part, but this season has great potential for personality and I'm looking forward to that as well.

They had to make the fights faster or else they would have to spread everything over like 4 more weeks. Plus no sense getting to know fighters who are not even going to be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
    They had to make the fights faster or else they would have to spread everything over like 4 more weeks. Plus no sense getting to know fighters who are not even going to be on the show.
    It's true, but it ended up making the show a bit of a blur.

Quote Originally Posted by POINDEXTER View Post
    It's true, but it ended up making the show a bit of a blur.
    Yeah but the fights they did show were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Palma View Post
    Is it me, or does Forrest have a problem with not being the funniest person in the room?
    100 percent. I noticed that right off the bat. Plus, I dont know about anybody else but it seems to me now that Forrest is just trying to be funny. He used to just throw out one liners, now it seems like the pressure is on so he's trying to find something funny to say.

Rampage just kills me though.

RIP Evan Tanner

Actually, I think Forrest was being less comical than usual.

Default a new site for you guys

you should check out MMA Hot Stuff
    it's a MMA site from a girls perspective.

It includes predictions for upcoming cards, summary of the ultimate fighters as well as interviews from fighters!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information