Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Rashad haters...

Default To all the Rashad haters...

Looks like everyone owes Rashad an apology. He looked damn tough tonight.
    He finally proved he can finish off a good fighter
    Last edited by J zingher; 09-24-2006 at 01:50 AM.

actually he simply proved he could finish anybody. i dont know if he switched camps or what, but he really upped his game.
    he worked to pass guard, he worked for a position so he could actually hurt his opponent, and he worked out of submissions with more then just sheer strength, and he did all the things i knocked him for and i was impressed with his performance tonight
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Well Im guna stand up and be a man and admit I was shocked by Rashads performance,,,, Congrats are in order to him,,,, he showed some great GNP, and just didnt lay on tha guy,,,, I was impressed... I WILL EAT MY WORDS!!! HAHA

Default Evans was going to win but by TKO.....?

Wow I knew Evans was going to win but by TKO.....? Nobody predicted that I predicted Evans by decision

Give the man his props. Ya gotta admit, he looked great at 204...much better than butterball (oops! did I say that?)

Lambert's jaw was sick. i dont believe ive seen anyone get a dislocated jaw in a fight, especially just from GnP.
    Favorites

9-7 in sig/av bets

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    i dont know if he switched camps or what, but he really upped his game.

Must be the Xyience...

Working with the Jackson's Submission Fighting team has been a great move for Rashad. He's really evolved in his last couple of fights. I wasn't really looking forward to his fight prior to tonight, but he really brought it and looked in top notch shape. I hope he continues to progress. He could be a force one day.

Rashad = raw talent. He's one of those guys from TUF that is going to constantly shut the haters up much like Diego does every time he fights. The only thing Rashad needs is time and he's got plenty of it. He's a young guy, and in my opinion as long as he puts on decent showings in his next fights, he's got all the tools necessary to be a GREAT fighter. Now whether or not he could beat Chuck.....that's an entirely different argument. He might be great, but in the LHW division, I can't see him being champ. We know how he does against much bigger opponents like Brad Imes, so in my opinion he should train a little longer, move back up to HW and fight Sylvia, granted he keeps that title for a little while longer.

Also as a footnote, I think the best fights he could be put in next would be against either Forrest or Bisping. That would be a TRUE test for him.

the UFC will not sacrifice a potential star like Bisping, or a big name like Forrest as a test for a rising star. they will bring in another guy just a little better then lambert for Rashad

along with Bisping, i can actually see Rashad as champion if he can gain the motivation to win at all parts of the game. he has good boxing, power and technique is good, but he doesnt utilize it. he's rocked multiple opponents, but he didnt stalk them and finish it on the feet, largely due to fear of being KOd i think.

on another note, isnt it wierd that all the TUF guys that are marked as the best have undefeated records?
    Favorites

9-7 in sig/av bets

Thread Information