Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girls in UFC???

I guess it's sexist not to want woman included in the sport, who knows. Me personally, I don't like seeing a woman getting her ass kicked. It's a shitty thing to watch. Spare me the cat-fight Seinfeld routine, it's just not a good thing to watch a woman get her ass beat. I don't like it.

I have nothing against women fighting in the smaller shows like Hook N Shoot or whatever. But I have no interest in seeing them fight myself. Men are bigger and stronger that is a fact. And it would just give ammo to the skeptics of UFC who are always trying to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf0869
    The only problem with women in the UFC is that it would never be taken seriously. I twould be turned into "Who can wear the skimpiest outfit" contest. I have no problem with women doing MMA, but the UFC is close enough to the WWE as it is.

To be honest, the only time I hear MMA and WWE compared is on this board, and when they are it becomes a 15 page thread.

damn talk about sexist, why not take their right to vote away while you're at it. theres already accomplished women grapplers and certain events are having 1 or 2 female fights. i think the problem wit the wee fans here is they think they all gotta follow in wwe footsteps. the fighters in this other cards are wearing sports tops and board shorts like other mma fighters

now maybe not something to do immediately, but to rule it out cuz they're women is just wrong

if this keeps up we'll see the NFC being pushed forward here next

Rhino man hit it right on the head there

just like boxing has woman fights. mma has woman fights. and the highest womans fights have gotten is a few have been undercard on ppvs. so if it can happen in boxing it can happen in the ufc. the problem is it takes time. there are maybe 3 legitamite woman boxers in the world. so over time im sure will see it once more woman take it seriously and we get some real woman fighters.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

My dislike has nothing to do with WWE or pro wrestling. I just personally don't like to watch females get beat up or hurt.

i agree i dont like to watch them, but boone you watch boxing and you cant argue there are some decent female boxers now. the problem is i dont know anyone who wants to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    i don't want to sound sexist ,but women belong in the kitchen not the octagon.
    Um, if you didn't want to sound sexist, I would have left the kitchen statement out... Just a thought.

I'm not sure I'd like to see girls in there. UFC already establishes this as a male sport by having their ring girls (Even on TUF fights... Which is embarassingly ridiculous) I just can't see too many gals putting on entertaining fights.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

boxing has ring girls and still has woman fights. read my posts before i explain my thoughts.

To be honest, I watch boxing less and less since MMA is becoming more available. Not sure if you guys have seen some of the top women in MMA, they are very skilled, they train with some of the top names and I think they help to legitamize the sport. Some of them compete against men in grappling competitions and win. Point being, they dont look like girls pulling hair in a street fight, they look like highly skilled MMA fighters.

Thread Information