Thread: Vernon Forrest vs. Sergio Mora on Showtime

Default Vernon Forrest vs. Sergio Mora on Showtime

Boxing News : Vernon Forrest-Sergio Mora Deal is Reached

By Mark Vester

The negotiations appear to be done, Dan Rafael reports that a deal has been reached between WBC junior middleweight champion Vernon Forrest (40-2, 29KOs) and Sergio Mora (20-0-1, 5KOs), who won the first season of the "Contender" reality series. The bout will take place on May 10, on Showtime, with a venue to be announced at a later date.

Mora has fought at middleweight for the majority of his career and will move down to 154 to challenge Forrest. Neither fighter has been able to secure a name opponent, forcing them fight each other with the winner being in line for a potential payday in the future
    This fight has actually been moved to June 7th and will be at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT.

Paul Williams will fight Carlos Quintana on the card also.

Kinda hard to get excited about this fight, to be perfectly honest. Mora doesn't deserve a title shot, but there literally is no one else at the wasteland known as the super welterweight division for Forrest to fight. Thank God that young guns at 154 like James Kirkland, Alfredo Angulo, Vanes Martirosyan, Joel Julio, and Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. are waiting in the wings to lead the division, plus a guy like Williams who'll probably move up sooner than later to a more natural division for him. Matter of fact, I could totally see Williams (should he win) moving up to face the Forrest/Mora winner, especially if its Forrest.

Anyway, I see Forrest smacking Mora around for a workmanlike 12 round decision, while Williams gets his W and his title back in a 12 round decision. Considering Pavlik and Ponce are fighting that same night on HBO, I think I know what I'm gonna be watching come June 7th.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Yeah, I'm going to record both sets of fights. Im pretty pleased with the lineup for tht weekend. I dont think Mora deserves anything and I hope he gets hit hard.

Wont be seein another Contender upset in this one though, should be a fun fight to watch for the simple fact that Vernons gonna knock Mora out
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Thread Information