Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite striking combo?

1. Default

right right left spinning back kick

from left side out: jab, mid/high straight right, mid/high roundhouse

right side out: right hook, (left leg) turning back kick, (right) high roundhouse

I don't like combos I like one-strike fight-enders

One of my favourites is the elbow to the solar plexus from the horse-stance (chinese boxing).

1-1-1 High switch kick

Alistair Overeem is a Dutch kickboxer who looks like someone at Marvel comics drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.
    | KenFlo | The Prodigy | Kos | Fitch | Sadollah | Bisping | Griffin | Evans | The Truth | Mir | Overeem |

A combo I pulled off recently that hurt my sparring partner was right-lead superman punch and left body kick. I find it better to land the superman punch from your lead instead of the power side, it seems to be better disguised.

However, I must say that I get hesitant to throw that combo sometimes as a counter-right hook right before throwing my kick could be devestating for me.

In the clinch- right knee (body), right uppercut,left elbow.......with headgear of cause lol

Standing- Right inside leg kick, left jab, overhand right

Jab-right-swing-right
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    A combo I pulled off recently that hurt my sparring partner was right-lead superman punch and left body kick. I find it better to land the superman punch from your lead instead of the power side, it seems to be better disguised.

However, I must say that I get hesitant to throw that combo sometimes as a counter-right hook right before throwing my kick could be devestating for me.
    Yeah that can be dangerous because your one side is essentially unprotected, especially if you are in closed stance. It is a free head kick if you go against someone like me who can get that leg high quick and sneak it in. If you are in open stance (lefty vs. righty) it is a little safer. If you throw the punch as more of a feeler and look to really land the kick at the end, you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Yeah that can be dangerous because your one side is essentially unprotected, especially if you are in closed stance. It is a free head kick if you go against someone like me who can get that leg high quick and sneak it in. If you are in open stance (lefty vs. righty) it is a little safer. If you throw the punch as more of a feeler and look to really land the kick at the end, you shouldn't have to worry too much.
    I do throw the punch more as a feeler. My primary intention is to land that body kick with intensity to a point that I don't care as much if the punch even lands. I find most guys either move back to avoid the punch and gets caught with a kick or they block with a high guard and still gets caught with a kick. I'm just afraid that one day while striking with someone [who's much more proficient], he will throw a right hook or high right kick (as you mentioned) right before I let my kick go.

I do switch stances a lot when doing that combo, so I think it keeps me safe from them predicting when it's going to come.

I notice I'm much better with kicks than punches. If a guy closes in effectively, I'm done lol. Well that's where my push kick comes in nicely. You know what I find funny... when guys don't check leg kicks that often. My strategy is to shatter their lead leg from the inside and outside.

Low kick, punch combo; overhand right and another low kick than sequential low kicks.
    Fedor is the King of MMA........... his standup, grappling, agility, defense and submission skills are on another level of combat...........we should have more combat sambo champs in mma lol............

Thread Information