View Poll Results: Who wins the world series this year?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Yankees

0 0%
  • New York Mets

1 12.50%
  • Boston Red Sox

2 25.00%
  • Chicago Cubs

0 0%
  • Detroit Tigers

0 0%
  • LA Dodgers

1 12.50%
  • LA Angels

0 0%
  • Cleveland Indians

0 0%
  • Arizona Diamondbacks

1 12.50%
  • Other

3 37.50%

Thread: The 2008 MLB thread

Default The 2008 MLB thread

Im just starting this thread because I didnt see anywhere to talk about baseball, and I dont know I might even be the only baseball fan on this site. But the way this season has started, I needed somewhere to vent my anger. Damn Tigers are 1-8 now, when all of the expectations were as high as the sky to start the season. Everybody was talking about the World Series and breaking records for runs before Spring training even started. I KNEW it was going to come back and haunt them, now they cant even buy a baserunner.

Anyways curious to see who everybody roots for around here. Shit Ill even add a poll.

RIP Evan Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by Paytheplayer View Post
    Im just starting this thread because I didnt see anywhere to talk about baseball, and I dont know I might even be the only baseball fan on this site. But the way this season has started, I needed somewhere to vent my anger. Damn Tigers are 1-8 now, when all of the expectations were as high as the sky to start the season. Everybody was talking about the World Series and breaking records for runs before Spring training even started. I KNEW it was going to come back and haunt them, now they cant even buy a baserunner.

Anyways curious to see who everybody roots for around here. Shit Ill even add a poll.
    Well, I root for the Pirates...if thats even still possible? But hey, at least we have a nice stadium
    Favorite Fighters: Randy, Nog , Monson, Thiago Silva,
    Rampage, Lyoto Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Wand, Rich Franklin, GSP, Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, Houston Alexander, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Brandon Vera

"He's like a ballet of violence"--Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva

Went w/ the Sox, don't follow MLB very close, but they seem to be the most complete team, also I really don't know who's good and who's not at the moment and I thought they would be the safe bet.

Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Cardinals
    FUCK YEAH

we need to make a trade though for a good hitter....and we have enough quality starters to do so if you ask me

ankiel strikes out to much, glau's avg isn't good enough...

we need a good power hitting outfielder if you ask me...who doesn't strike out much

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    FUCK YEAH

we need to make a trade though for a good hitter....and we have enough quality starters to do so if you ask me

ankiel strikes out to much, glau's avg isn't good enough...

we need a good power hitting outfielder if you ask me...who doesn't strike out much
    I follow the Tigers and Jays the most. My fave and second fave teams, and we got Rolen in the trade for Glaus. So far Rolen hasn't played because of an injured finger, but as far as I know I think the Cards got the shit end of the stick. Glaus, he's a decent fielder, not the best. Horrible average in his days with the Jays, but I guess the only good thing is he has the ability to hit the long ball. Its hard to follow the National league closely where I'm from, but atleast Im pretty sure Rolen is a better all around player.

I have bad beef with the cards right now, I would have won 750 if they beat San Fran in their series opener. I think they lost 5-1 or something, then as it usually goes in losing bets, the Cards go on to win the next 2

RIP Evan Tanner

Thread Information