Thread: Glen Johnson vs. Chad Dawson

Default Glen Johnson vs. Chad Dawson

I just finished watching this fight and it was fantastic. Both fighters showed and incredible amount of will and courage in this fight.

Chad Dawson ran a little too much for my taste and I dont see how the Judges had him winning by 4 rounds. Apparently the crowd agreed.

I do not believe you should be able to win a fight by running and tapping a guy in the head. Rules need to be changed so that if a punch does not do damage, it does not count.
    If that were applied to Floyd he would have already lost too.

I actually can understand someone having Dawson win the fight, but only by one round, two at most.

I hope the second fight on the card is a knockout so I dont have to be annoyed again.

Nope Tarver wins a lazy fight, nice too see Boxing judges on still on the take.
    Woods won more rounds than they gave him.

It was a good fight but Glen Johnson dissappointed me afterwards with all the bitching and whining about the loss

I understand what you mean and I will usually bash a fighter for doing that. In this case though, I think Johnson was somewhat justified in bitching about the scoring. I still dont see anything wrong with having Dawson win, but by a very small margin, not four rounds. I would really have scored it a draw.

If you have followed Johnsons career you know he has been screwed in decisions several times. I believe all that boiled over after this fight.
    Johnson chased Dawson the whole fight, much like Oscar (and most everyone else) chased Floyd. Had Johnson said fuck this and walked to the middle of the ring and stood there, there would not have been a fight (also much like Floyd vs. whoever) because Dawson was not going to fight coming forward.

In my opinion, more points should be given to the fighter coming forward and pressing the fight than to the bitch running and jabbing. Unless you have a jab like Larry Holmes that can bust people up, a jab should not count equally. We have olympic boxing for that kind of pussy ass scoring.

Showtimes poll said that 80% of the people that responded were more impressed with Johnson. The crowd at the fight was obviously more impressed with Johnson.

If I feel someone has screwed me over in business or life, I have no problem saying fuck you. I believe thats what Johnson was doing.

I scored the fight a draw myself, but I would have been okay with 7-5 or 6-5-1 rounds going in either direction. 8 rounds to 4 was insulting to Johnson, especially when he was giving Dawson pure hell for every round of the fight. Johnson proved that he's still a top-flight light heavyweight and that he deserves more big fights. Unfortunately, I can't think of too many light heavyweights who are gonna be willing to fight a machine like Johnson.

I suppose it's onto Dawson/Tarver now to unify titles, so long as they pay Dawson's mandatory Diaconu step-aside money to make the unification happen. Johnson, at the very least, ought to be allowed to fight for the currently vacant WBA belt.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

LoonY ToonZ Guest

Johnson is the most screwed over fighter ever, he truly is a throwback fighter, and truly earned his nickname the "road warrior." Props to both fighters, it was really close. Some big shots landed and a lot of heart and determination was shown in this fight.

Thread Information