View Poll Results: Who is the best Ultimate Fighter Coach?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck Liddell

1 3.13%
  • Randy Couture

3 9.38%
  • Matt Hughes

0 0%
  • Rich Franklin

0 0%
  • Tito Ortiz

18 56.25%
  • Ken Shamrock

0 0%
  • B.J. Penn

1 3.13%
  • Jens Pulver

2 6.25%
  • Matt Serra

7 21.88%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Ultimate Fighter Coach

tito and serra really stood out.. they got my vote.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

why is everyone bashing Shamrock? If you dont know that going mini-golfing improves your Mixed Martial Arts ability then you should stop voicing our opinion on MMA.

Tito was the best IMO. Serra was great as well. Tito really seems to have a knack for teaching. He prolly would have made a great wrestling coach if he didnt get into MMA. I say tito, serra then shamrock.

I have to agree with the majority here. Tito and Serra were the two best coaches. I am a Tito fan, but I have been loosing some respect for him the way he runs his mouth and doesn't back it up. Plus after reading Chuck's book Tito just doesn't seem the same. But mad props to Tito and Serra for taking an interest in their guys more than the other coaches seemed too. Jens is 3rd no doubt, but Tito and Serra took more interest than Jens did
    Don't censor me bro!

TriangleChoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Tito was the best IMO. Serra was great as well. Tito really seems to have a knack for teaching. He prolly would have made a great wrestling coach if he didnt get into MMA. I say tito, serra then shamrock.
    tito actually was a wrestling coach at some highschool in cali. back when he was first competing in the old style UFC's as an alternate

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleChoke View Post
    tito actually was a wrestling coach at some highschool in cali. back when he was first competing in the old style UFC's as an alternate
    Anybody think Tito is leaving the UFC, and will he ever be on top of any organizaation again?

Quote Originally Posted by thebwit View Post
    I have to agree with the majority here. Tito and Serra were the two best coaches. I am a Tito fan, but I have been loosing some respect for him the way he runs his mouth and doesn't back it up. Plus after reading Chuck's book Tito just doesn't seem the same. But mad props to Tito and Serra for taking an interest in their guys more than the other coaches seemed too. Jens is 3rd no doubt, but Tito and Serra took more interest than Jens did
    Early on in his career, Tito, even though I am a fan of his, I thought he talked way too much trash, was too cocky, and arrogant. But over the past 2 or 3 years, since TUF, I think he's matured alot.

You have to remember, that's Chuck's point of view. There are always 2 sides to a story and Chuck has become just as bad, if not worse for bad mouthing fighters. Plus, Chuck is a Dana puppet. Chucks dvd "Ultimate Iceman" was more about smearing Tito than it was uplifting Chuck. I do hate how much Tito talked trash in the past but it seems like he mellowed out lately with all of that. Tito isn't the same as he was when he would laugh at a fighter at a press conference. I think he's matured alot since early days. And I don't agree with Dana and Chuck's assessment that Tito dodged Chuck for all those years. It's BS, in my opinion. I think it was more a contract dispute with the UFC that took him away when he was supposed to fight Chuck more than it was that Tito was scared of him. And Tito is one of those guys who doesn't want to fight someone that he considers his friend much the way Anderson Silva is. Tito has said that he wouldn't fight Rampage even if it was for the title because of their relationship. (For the record, Rampage would smash Tito).

TriangleChoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thecoylewis View Post
    Anybody think Tito is leaving the UFC, and will he ever be on top of any organizaation again?
    tito says that the Machida fight will be his last fight in the UFC, and he will never fight for the UFC again as long as Dana White owns it. I think Tito will go to EliteXC/Strikeforce. His next fight after machida will probably be against frank shamrock.

Yea, I think EliteXC would be next for Tito. I think he could still be a star if his heart is still in it. There's nothing else for him in the UFC. I heard about the rematch with Frank Shamrock but that won't happen until the end of 09. They want to do that on the 10 year anniversary of their first fight. I could see Tito coming in, fighting one fight and getting a title shot because he is Tito Ortiz. Any idea who holds the LHW belt in EliteXC. Cung Le and Shamrock are middleweights.

You have to remember, that's Chuck's point of view. There are always 2 sides to a story and Chuck has become just as bad, if not worse for bad mouthing fighters. Plus, Chuck is a Dana puppet. Chucks dvd "Ultimate Iceman" was more about smearing Tito than it was uplifting Chuck. I do hate how much Tito talked trash in the past but it seems like he mellowed out lately with all of that. Tito isn't the same as he was when he would laugh at a fighter at a press conference. I think he's matured alot since early days. And I don't agree with Dana and Chuck's assessment that Tito dodged Chuck for all those years. It's BS, in my opinion. I think it was more a contract dispute with the UFC that took him away when he was supposed to fight Chuck more than it was that Tito was scared of him. And Tito is one of those guys who doesn't want to fight someone that he considers his friend much the way Anderson Silva is. Tito has said that he wouldn't fight Rampage even if it was for the title because of their relationship. (For the record, Rampage would smash Tito).
    Yeah I know there are two sides and Tito kept saying that he wouldn't fight a friend, blah blah blah. But in hearing from Chuck about it, they weren't friends, not even close. They trained a little bit together, and that was it. They hardly trained together was the other thing. Tito made it sound like him and Chuck ran a gym the way he described their friendship, and I got the complete opposite idea when I read Chuck's book. So even with that I still went to the middle ground and side a little more with Chuck than Tito.

Tito has matured, just look at the way he conducted himself on The Apprentice. But he hasn't matured as a fighter. We (the forum) have dogged Liddell for not changing up his training etc. But Tito has been the same thing for the past 5 fights win or lose - "Im in the best shape of my life" prefight, then post fight, "I had a insert injury going into this fight". I want the old Tito to come back - the trash talking, pick you up and slam you, then elbow you from your closed guard till the ref stops it. But I think he might be gone.
    Last edited by thebwit; 04-14-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Don't censor me bro!

Any idea who holds the LHW belt in EliteXC. Cung Le and Shamrock are middleweights.
    Robbie Lawler
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Thread Information