Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to coach Ultimate Fighter 8?

Default Who's going to coach Ultimate Fighter 8?

Who's going to coach Season 8 of the Ultimate Fighter. I don't see anyone with enough marketability to do it. I hear alot of people throw out names like Nogueira, Fedor, Silva (either), but they aren't highly marketable in the US for a television show because of their limited English. It sucks that's the case but that's how the business works. The catch-22 with TUF 7 having Rampage and Forrest as the coaches is that while they should really push ratings because those are the two most entertaining guys outside the cage, where do you go from there? You can't improve on these 2 guys on a tv show. They are that funny. Just the fighter evals had me rolling.

So I racked my brain, and could only come up with one valid duo that would make good coaches, and also would be a marketable fight for either the finale or an end of the show PPV like recent coaches. Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin. Franklin would have to move up but that shouldn't be much of a stretch. He fought Shamrock at 205. If anyone else has any ideas for coachs, share them please.
    Last edited by hunterkiller; 04-16-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Too bad it couldn't be BJ and Sherk before their fight next month. That could be entertaining.

Fedor and Randy would be cool though if all these people could get along for 5 minutes.

GSP and Anderson would be incredibe. Though the whole english thing could stop that...
    Last edited by CESSPOOL; 04-16-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Mir and Vera!!!! I would love that!

Quote Originally Posted by mmasince91 View Post
    Mir and Vera!!!! I would love that!
    Now that, would be awesome.

Fav Fighters;
    Hughes. Stevenson. Franklin. A Silva. W Silva. R Couture. Liddell. Cro Cop. Fedor.
    'Shogun' Rua. F Griffin. BJ Penn. Big Nog. Lesnar. Boestch. Hazelett. G Harris.
    Henderson. Huerta. Guida. Arlovski. N Marquardt. Reljic. M Brown.
    Saunders. Carwin. Jardine. Manhoef.

http://www.nomercyathletics.com

^^^^Agreed. I was just thinking the same thing after giving it some thought. I would like to see Heavyweightsin the show too to beef up the division.

Quote Originally Posted by CESSPOOL View Post
    ^^^^Agreed. I was just thinking the same thing after giving it some thought. I would like to see Heavyweightsin the show too to beef up the division.
    I believe I read somewhere that the next season was going to have heavyweights. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like Season 2 where the only 2 successful heavyweights from TUF 2 ended up being legit LHW.

I would love to see Mir as a coach. He is a good guy and he does a great job at commentating so you know he would give good interviews. I thought they said the weightclasses in the new season would be LW and LHW? So maybe Huerta as a LW coach? It would be perfect since he is going to school right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimson View Post
    I would love to see Mir as a coach. He is a good guy and he does a great job at commentating so you know he would give good interviews. I thought they said the weightclasses in the new season would be LW and LHW? So maybe Huerta as a LW coach? It would be perfect since he is going to school right now.
    Agreed, if it is LW it would have to be Huerta, he is the most known by fans. If it is HW, I agree with Mir, but what if Vera loses to Werdum?

Fedor, Rampage, Alistair, Barnett, Werdum, Igor, Maia, Manhoef, Machida.
    K-1: Alistair!!! Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, Badr Hari

Fedor could lose all of his remaining fights and will still be the GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME!!!!

Hendo and Wandy please... both train hard, both are characters, and both are awesome fighters... they also seem like the "no nonsense" types.

GSP and Fitch is the rumour.

Thread Information