+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to coach Ultimate Fighter 8?

Depending on who wins and loses in the next few shows and what not,Id enjoy Vera/Mir or Wandy/Rampage.

Providing both win their next fight I could also see them setting up Chuck/Rampage. Liddells said many times he wants to fight him again. I could also see something being done with Huerta(since hes currently one of their golden boys)/BJ or Fitch/GSP or Serra.

WAR Stamos!
    Who the fuck is Shogun???

Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    Depending on who wins and loses in the next few shows and what not,Id enjoy Vera/Mir or Wandy/Rampage.

Providing both win their next fight I could also see them setting up Chuck/Rampage. Liddells said many times he wants to fight him again. I could also see something being done with Huerta(since hes currently one of their golden boys)/BJ or Fitch/GSP or Serra.
    I don't see Rampage coaching back to back seasons though. They start filming before he fights Forrest so you know he would be training for Forrest. Also, it ties up the Championship for another 6-10 month stretch and I don't see that happening again so soon. I also don't see Wanderlei coaching because of how bad his English is. It's sad to say because I think he'd make a good coach but when it comes to the TV show aspect of the UFC, they want someone well spoken, with high marketability much like Pro Wrestling. Viewers won't tune in to see subtitles and not understand what's going on. While the hardcore fans, like myself would love it, that show is geared toward bringing in casual viewers to sell advertising dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    GSP and Fitch is the rumour.
    Thats what I was gonna say
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    GSP and Fitch is the rumour.
    That will give fitch enough time to get in GSP's head and beat him before the fight ever starts.

If serra wins this weekend though I seriously wonder what kind of menatl breakdown GSP is going to have. He isn't right in the head...

I hope that rumor is wrong. Fitch has no personality and GSP, don't really have an opinion of him either way. Plus all that would do is tie up the Welterweight title for another long layoff. It's only been defended once in over a year and that was an interim belt. The Ultimate Fighter show has as much to do with personality as it does fighting because you want the viewers to be interested.

I would like to see legends coach TUF8. Mark Coleman, Don Frye, and Dan Severn. 2 of those 3 would be cool. A fight between the coaches is not necessry

It would be a nice change if it was actual coaches instead of fighters.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

TUF 8 is already set, but I'd like to see another TUF 4 concept with guys that have a ton of talent, but are just a bit short of being stars, or bring back some old TUFers and have them do it again for a title shot.

TUF 8 coaches?

I like the Mir / Vera idea and the Hendo / Wand

It wouldn't shock me if they did a....
    Florian / Stevenson
    Florian / Sherk
    GSP / Fitch

but my true wish list.....
    Tanner / Horn (just because I can't beleive these guys have never fought and they could both use the stability)
    or
    Bring 4 camps together with 2 fighters in 2 weight classes and see whose camp is best. The coaches can fight each other at the end (ala IFL) see guys like Lindland, Cesar, Renzo, etc. one last time.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

I already posted this about a month ago... - http://forums.mmanews.com/ultimate-f...e-fighter.html
    Don't censor me bro!

i agree the kenflo/sherk combo seems interesting. 2 excellent camps, 2 distinct personalities. BUT id argue the heavy weights could use the added depth for some new TUF winners...
    "I’m ready. It doesn’t matter with who or where. On foot or on horseback. With maces or poleaxes. To fight. To first blood or to death. It doesn’t matter, I’m ready to fight. "
    -Aleksander Emelianenko

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information