+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's going to coach Ultimate Fighter 8?

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    GSP and Fitch is the rumour.
    I assume this hinges on GSP beating Serra.

If that happens, it actually makes sense...Fitch is next in line for a title shot, and GSP can have that much more time to work on his English, which appears to be getting better and better.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephdumas View Post
    I would like to see legends coach TUF8. Mark Coleman, Don Frye, and Dan Severn. 2 of those 3 would be cool. A fight between the coaches is not necessry
    I'd love to see Don Frye and Mark Coleman coach. Don Frye is very funny and entertaining. The only thing is Coleman would be in the middle of training for the Lesnar fight so he wouldn't take the time out to coach.

I like the idea of doing another Comeback TUF like #4, but don't give out a title shot at the end. Pick something else to award. Serra took advantage of his opportunity but until he beats some solid competetion, I just don't think he deserves that belt. 1 has been beating another couple of has beens isn't exactly fighting top level competetion IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    GSP and Fitch is the rumour.
    This may not be a bad idea at all. Despite his win streak, alot of people still dont know Jon Fitch and having GSP on there would certainly help seeing as how even Dana called him "the future of the WW division." But IMO, they need another HW season. Nog and maybe his next opponent would be decent.

I'd like to see Diego and Kos with the finale live on Spike (including their fight) and the winner earning a title shot.

Season 5 was lightweights Season 6 welterweights season 7 is middleweights...see a pattern? I'm pretty sure the next show will be LHW.
    I think you have to have guys that are the fighters size for the hands on training benefits,so Rich Franklin and Chuck Liddell would be great.Both haven't done TUF since season 1 and season 2.Season 9 will most likely be HWs and for that everyone is saying Mir and Vera.I disagree with Vera I don't see that at all.Who I do see is Mir and Arlovski if they can manage to keep him in.Mir and Arlovski have a lot of knowledge to offer,and Mir/Arlovski would be a great fight and would also up Arlovskis status and Mirs for that matter.Mir deserves the recognition and the pay increase after breaking Sylvias arm and tapping the monster Brock Lesnar.Arlovski deserves it because he's been with the UFC for awhile and hasn't got that Chuck Liddell status even though he deserves it,and his english is good enough I think.

Chris Leben highlight video...it's EPIC! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnhTP1RV43g

Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank View Post
    Season 5 was lightweights Season 6 welterweights season 7 is middleweights...see a pattern? I'm pretty sure the next show will be LHW.
    I think you have to have guys that are the fighters size for the hands on training benefits,so Rich Franklin and Chuck Liddell would be great.Both haven't done TUF since season 1 and season 2.Season 9 will most likely be HWs and for that everyone is saying Mir and Vera.I disagree with Vera I don't see that at all.Who I do see is Mir and Arlovski if they can manage to keep him in.Mir and Arlovski have a lot of knowledge to offer,and Mir/Arlovski would be a great fight and would also up Arlovskis status and Mirs for that matter.Mir deserves the recognition and the pay increase after breaking Sylvias arm and tapping the monster Brock Lesnar.Arlovski deserves it because he's been with the UFC for awhile and hasn't got that Chuck Liddell status even though he deserves it,and his english is good enough I think.
    Arlovski-Mir would be great for a number of reasons most notably they never settled the Interim-Undisputed Heavyweight Champ belt when Mir got hurt. I know Arlovski lost the belt to Sylvia but I still want to see it. Only one problem, Arlovski ain't resigning with the UFC.

Season 8 is going to be Lightweights and Light Heavyweights. Below is the casting call posted from MMANEWS.COM

WHAT: Casting Call for Season 8 of Spike TV’s hit series, “The Ultimate Fighter”

WHEN: Thursday, April 10 at 9:00 AM (arriving early is strongly recommended)

WHERE: Sheraton Boston Hotel 390 Dalton Street Boston , MA

WHO: Mixed Martial Arts Fighters in the 155 lb weight class (lightweights) and 205 lb weight class (light heavyweights)

WHY: Spike TV and the UFC® are looking for serious aspiring mixed martial arts fighters who think they have what it takes to compete in the world’s preeminent MMA organization.

HOW: Interested applicants (must be over 21) are encouraged to sign up in advance at ufc.com or spike.com.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information