Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-1 Grand Prix Results from Seoul

im pretty sure but what it used to be was that you could clinch and throw knees but once you stopped they were broken up to limit holding. now you get 1 knee per clinch and if its not thrown right away they are broken up. also i dont think you are allowed to hold behind the head and knee.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

It's a stupid fucking rule however it's allowed. It's stand up fighting with knees, elbows, and kicks. Leave them the fuck alone and let them fight.

thats the main point. thats why the k1 max is what to watch right now. those guys are much more exciting then the bigger k1 fighters and much more skilled aswell.

I've never seen a K-1 MAX show. Reccomend a few for me, I'll download them off a torrent site and check them out.

look up K1 Max Super Fights 2006, its shows the max superfights from the begining of 2006 and its in english because it was on eurosport so thats good.

and then the K1 max final elimination on April 5. it has all their top fighters.

you watch those MAX shows yet boone?

last post was a long time ago, sorry. but the rule you were talking about was in effect when semmy won the WGP in 2005. I have the dvd. He got warned many times for holding for more than one strike but they seemed very giving on the rule. Maybe you mean they are eforcing it fully now? It is terrible though because that is the advantage of muay thai and me being a practitioner of muay thai it is very disappointing to see such a rule. I personally find the clinch exciting. the real thing is that that is semmy's game. he is tall and it is easy to bring up knees. He won they WGP with a knee in the clinch. To take his weapon away is rediculous. K1 is amazing, almost better than mma, but it is less of a sport now.
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass101
    look up K1 Max Super Fights 2006, its shows the max superfights from the begining of 2006 and its in english because it was on eurosport so thats good.

and then the K1 max final elimination on April 5. it has all their top fighters.
    help me out man. search where? on the internet in general? I would love to see some K1. I buy the dvds every once in a while but they are 50-60 bucks a pop, in japanese, and region 2, so I don't have too many. K1 rules!
    Overeem > Lesnar. Hopefully Dana will man up.

im pretty sure the rule that was in effect when semmy won the gp was the fact that you are not allowed to pull down on the opponents head when kneeing. i dont have that show anymore but from what i recal thats the reason he was getting warned. the new rule was put into effect after the gp and is different the the rules they already had in place.

also Thai pm your email ill get you some k1 shows.

Thread Information